Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

That happened to me when I got a replacement. I had to do a wipe ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Michael.Bradley no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24399A54

Advertisement

That happened to me when I got a replacement. I had to do a wipe and it went away.

thagame911 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've just got use to the icon there. But is this something only with T-Mobile curve's ? Even the rep on the phone from T-Mobile I was talking to had this same problem lol.

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Oh boy, I'm running T-mobile and have the icon issue as well. All I do is call my voice mail (through my bb). When it starts to talk I press ** this exits the voice mail and always works with the icon. Just a tip. When calling your voice mail always exit by pressing * twice. Make sure it says "thank you for calling.....blah,blah,blah" this will prevent the lingering voice mail icon. I hope this eliminates everyones head ache
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by ziminvades View Post
    Oh boy, I'm running T-mobile and have the icon issue as well. All I do is call my voice mail (through my bb). When it starts to talk I press ** this exits the voice mail and always works with the icon. Just a tip. When calling your voice mail always exit by pressing * twice. Make sure it says "thank you for calling.....blah,blah,blah" this will prevent the lingering voice mail icon. I hope this eliminates everyones head ache
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I tried it and the icon is still there.

crashcomedian no está en línea Stack level 1
    i'm not sure if it's the blackberry, i heard razrs do the same thing, it could just be your network, when i had it i think it went away on its own.

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#
    This happened to me one time after doing an upgrade of my OS. The problem was that I had a message waiting icon on the screen before I did a backup of my device before upgrading it. Then when I upgraded and restored the device info, the icon was still there on the new OS. It seems like the icon somehow gets written into the data on the phone as default and being that you've already changed your device, I know that its not the Berry. I'm thinking that you should try to delete and reinstal your OS. It also could be the OS that your running. Is it the latest for you phone?

I already tried to reinstall my OS and that didn't work. I have the lastest OS for the curve right now.

payoob no está en línea Stack level 2
    i still have the same SIM card i used since i got an 8700 about a year and a half ago. i did some searching and read somewhere that a replacement SIM might do the trick. I'll try and post my results.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    Call your service provider and tell them to reset your voicemail.

Quote Originally Posted by flash24 View Post
    Call your service provider and tell them to reset your voicemail.
    I called T-Mobile and had them reset my voice mail. That didn't work its still there.

So after multiple os re-installs, handheld wipes and a whole new device, i finally solved the problem. I read somewhere that the sim card might be at fault and decided to check it out. i didnt recieve a new sim when i got my curve (used my old one from my 8700) so i went to replace it with a brand new one. sure enough, after i put my new sim in from TMO, no more VM icon! yay! hopefully this got to you in time before the blackberry did!

johu65 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24470e33
    I had this problem and nothing fixed it. I went to desktop manager - back up/restore - advanced. And then I cleared call log cleared messages. Well..... That didn't work either and it was bothering me. So I backed up my address book (that's the only think that was important to me) wiped the BB and started over. Haven't had this problem since then!!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

vod332 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AA5605
    Does anyone know what database contains the marker for the Voicemail icon? I really don't wanna clear each of them one by one.

I agree with stranjal7, who said above that if you have the voicemail icon showing before you do an OS upgrade, it gets written somewhere in the backup and will never go away.

None of the solutions so far has removed this for me.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by vod332 View Post
    Does anyone know what database contains the marker for the Voicemail icon? I really don't wanna clear each of them one by one.

I agree with stranjal7, who said above that if you have the voicemail icon showing before you do an OS upgrade, it gets written somewhere in the backup and will never go away.

None of the solutions so far has removed this for me.

thanks.

have you tried replacing your sim card? i have backed up my bberry before with the vm icon showing and didnt have a problem after i swapped the sim.

MWARREN no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2469DF36
    I had this icon problem too after upgrading my OS

My fix was: I took my sim card and put it into another tmo phone. The icon was still there. I then called my voice mail and pushed ** witch says thanks for calling. It then went away on that phone. I put it back in my BB and the VM icon was gone.

~via BB8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast