Hey y'all, Is 5.0 going to have visual voicemail for 8900?? I had it with ... BlackBerry Curve forum

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3

Visual Voicemail for 8900?

Advertisement

Hey y'all,

Is 5.0 going to have visual voicemail for 8900?? I had it with my Bold on at&t, just wondering if it will make it on the 8900 anytime soon?

Thanks!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    The newest version of 5.0, .238 does include the VVM option. I checked with T-Mo about it and they do not support it yet for BB's, but I'm sure it would work fine with AT&T.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

pouit no está en línea Stack level 1
    Where can I get a copy of 5.0 for my 8900

Awesome! I am downloading .238 now.....surely at&t will let me set it up for the 8900. Thanks for the insight!

@pouit......go to blackberrycool.com, they have a link to megauploader site

Thought I was getting .238.....got .190 instead. Good upgrade though, just not any visual voicemail.......anyone got a good link to .238??
    Last edited by btompkins0112; 10-19-2009 at 01:46 PM.

ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    how does the VVM feature work and look like? I'm on TMo so I never had the experience. I use youmail for my VM needs to tell you the truth though. it stinks I can't uninstall the feature from the Apps list.
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)

ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by btompkins0112 View Post
    Thought I was getting .238.....got .190 instead. Good upgrade though, just not any visual voicemail.......anyone got a good link to .238??
    If you still need any help, send me a PM. Can't post direct links to D/Ls per the guidelines .
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by ryfoster View Post
    how does the VVM feature work and look like? I'm on TMo so I never had the experience. I use youmail for my VM needs to tell you the truth though. it stinks I can't uninstall the feature from the Apps list.
    It basically sends you a transcript of the message. Like I said though, T-Mo doesn't support it yet on the BB, but with the 9700 coming out, which will run 5.0, I can't imagine it will be too much longer before they do.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

I just got off the phone with at&t support trying to get them to provision VM for my 8900 running 5.0.0.314, but they said that they didn't have the support yet. They guy I was talking to was running .238, and he was asking where to get .314! Haha....he still couldn't get my VM hooked up. He did say that they should be rolling the update out soon.......just an FYI.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    I thought AT&T had already begun VVM support about a month ago? Or was that only on the Bold?
    How to upgrade your OS

Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    I thought AT&T had already begun VVM support about a month ago? Or was that only on the Bold?
    Unfortunately, that is only "provisioned" for the Bold..........whatever that means. But I guess I will just wait for the official launch of 5.0 firmware for at&t.