I'm a new BB owner. Had my 8300 for one week. I've overcome several probs ... BlackBerry Curve forum

SyG
    SyG no está en línea Stack level 1

Vista won't recognize my 8300

Advertisement

I'm a new BB owner. Had my 8300 for one week. I've overcome several probs getting the functions to work. However, the real bugbear is that I can't sync my BB with my Asus Laptop, so no contacts or diary entries on my BB except by manual entry - that'll take ages!! I'm certain that the Desktop Software has installed ok, inc BB Device Manager. As a precaution, I've reinstalled (and yes, right clicked to install as Administrator). When I connect the BB to the USB, Windows goes into the standard 'found new hardware/installing....etc' sequence. It fails everytime. The summary says there are no drivers for "RIM Composite Device". I've searched for this driver with no success. Looking in Vista Device Manager, there is an exclamation mark against Other Devices, and this then lists the device as "RIM Composite Device". The tab says that "The device is not configured properly". Attempting "Reinstall driver" results in the same - Windows can't find the driver anywhere. My OS is Vista Ultimate.

If I can't get the sync function to work, I'll have to try for a refund, and revert to my decrepit iPAQ

psyko825 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: Vista won't recognize my 8300

I am having the same issue with vista, I had to break out my old laptop with xp on it to sync. Hopefully someone will be along with a solution~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ataller no está en línea Stack level 1

I cannot help. However, I have a Curve from Rogers here in Canada and my Vista desktop recognized the blackberry fine. Maybe it isnt a problem with Vista?

Adam

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Make sure that you are runn the latest version of Desktop Manager - or at least 4.2 SP2. Older version don't like Vista at all.

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Dubdub
    Make sure that you are runn the latest version of Desktop Manager - or at least 4.2 SP2. Older version don't like Vista at all.
    I have a Curve and a PC with Vista and my version of DM is 4.2.1.8 and everything works perfectly, so I am not convinced that getting the latest DM is the solution here.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Quote Originally Posted by SyG
    I'm a new BB owner. Had my 8300 for one week. I've overcome several probs getting the functions to work. However, the real bugbear is that I can't sync my BB with my Asus Laptop, so no contacts or diary entries on my BB except by manual entry - that'll take ages!! I'm certain that the Desktop Software has installed ok, inc BB Device Manager. As a precaution, I've reinstalled (and yes, right clicked to install as Administrator). When I connect the BB to the USB, Windows goes into the standard 'found new hardware/installing....etc' sequence. It fails everytime. The summary says there are no drivers for "RIM Composite Device". I've searched for this driver with no success. Looking in Vista Device Manager, there is an exclamation mark against Other Devices, and this then lists the device as "RIM Composite Device". The tab says that "The device is not configured properly". Attempting "Reinstall driver" results in the same - Windows can't find the driver anywhere. My OS is Vista Ultimate.

If I can't get the sync function to work, I'll have to try for a refund, and revert to my decrepit iPAQ
    I too have Vista Ultimate and a Curve as well as the latest version of DM, and I am running MS Office 2007, and I have no Problems once so ever. Having said that I noticed you said that you've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times and still it doesn't work; well my next question would be, exactly what program are you using to uninstall your programs, if it is what came with windows - then there is your problem. Windows Add & Remove (even Vista's) is useless; might I suggest "Vista Manager" this program is Awesome, it uses "Smart Uninstaller" which after it is done remove the program, it cleans the Registry of all the junk that other uninstalers leave behind that can very easily cause problems like you are experiencing.

Brownstranger69 no está en línea Stack level 2

ok i'm having the same problem but it can sync but I can't charge it on my laptop can you guys help cause when i'm syncing my phone dies and I can find anywhere to install a new driver or delete the old on not very computer literate i'm also on vista

eduardog21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C7A2A

Have you tried connecting your Curve and then doing a Vista update since I know Vista installs a driver for blackberrys. I have Vista also and it did that the first time I connected my blackberry to it.

kfosse no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    202d50DC

I have installed on Vista also....... lots of errors and blue screen of death. Finally just unistalled and using XP off of laptop too

dxsdxs no está en línea Stack level 1

BB Curve not recognized by Desktop Manager or Vista

I have a BB Curve 8830 and couldn't get it to work with the Desktop Manager/Vista. My phone would be connected by USB but it would say Disconnected on the Desktop manager. What I tried was to disable my anti-virus software and turned my Firewall to OFF. Wahlah it worked. Hope this helps those who are at the end of their rope trying to figure this problem out!!!!