I got a new computer because the old one crapped out...anyways....it has the evil vista ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Rhyno604 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241223DC

Vista Help

Advertisement

I got a new computer because the old one crapped out...anyways....it has the evil vista on it. I can install desktop manager just fine, however when it comes to running it I see a box pop up and then nothing. This always happens. Any suggestions or help? Vista will recognize my curve as a mass storage device but thats it. PIN me or reply her, but help is greatly needed.

Brownstranger69 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Vista Help

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno604 View Post
    I got a new computer because the old one crapped out...anyways....it has the evil vista on it. I can install desktop manager just fine, however when it comes to running it I see a box pop up and then nothing. This always happens. Any suggestions or help? Vista will recognize my curve as a mass storage device but thats it. PIN me or reply her, but help is greatly needed.

uninstall it and do it again pay attention to everything you do this time i had this problem with Vista I uninstall and did it again and something was there that i missed the frist time. I know this isn't detailed but someone will give you better information but I hope this helps you for now. Vista works great with it though its not really a big deal, but beleive me if you need more help someone will help you.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

And you also might want to update to the latest version (4.3) of DM.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

uninstall the dm and remove the drivers for the device. install dm 4.3 then plug your curve back into the computer. sometimes there's a driver issue, especially if vista is not up to date with all of its own updates.

caustic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Does that box happen to be the UAC? If so, just click yes/allow and all should be well. Vista has a crappy annoyance that they is a safe guard from unuathorized application installations.
    If that is the issue then just click the allow button. If not, then It could be a driver issue and you just need to download the newest DM software. (uninstall the other one first though)

C.

jbreidel no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDB49

I personally have been using Vista and I love it. I havent had any problems with it. However noting that Vista is new. I would suggest if you arent installing 4.3 Desktop Manager do so. It is the newest version and im guessing 4.2 was probably built for XP OS not Vista.

I have 4.3 on mine and it works fine. Also make sure that either you click the UAC *(user access control)* or shut it off completely, which can be done under User Accounts and shut it off there. I had that off within minutes of installing Vista as its completely annoying and worthless imo.