I have movies that i download legally from itunes that play well on my ipod,is ... BlackBerry Curve forum

aunkster no está en línea Stack level 2

videos

Advertisement

I have movies that i download legally from itunes that play well on my ipod,is there anyway way I can convert them to play on my 8130..
    they download from itunes as a M4v

I tried isquint program and it converted it to a mp4 but for some reason it wouldnt play.

any suggestions

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    RIM devices cannot play the MP4 format. You will have to find a file converter software from download.com and convert it to either a avi or mpeg format. Once that is done you'll need to compress the file so it will work with the Blackberry.

Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    RIM devices cannot play the MP4 format. You will have to find a file converter software from download.com and convert it to either a avi or mpeg format. Once that is done you'll need to compress the file so it will work with the Blackberry.
    how will i know how much to compress it

PIN/ID
    just ask
    You'll use this software in the link below to compress it. It automatically sets it for the Pearl so you'll be good to go.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d=2&linkid=609

Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    You'll use this software in the link below to compress it. It automatically sets it for the Pearl so you'll be good to go.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d=2&linkid=609
    link dont work

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Actually, mp4 is supported. I have mp4 videos on both my 8130 and my 8330. I also have some of my full lenghth dvd movies converted to 3gp format to play on my BB as well. Here is a link to RIM's site listing all supported media types.

You have several options for file types, I just am not sure how you can get your iTunes movies converted since they are DRM protected. There may be ways to get around that, I've never looked into it though.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by aunkster View Post
    link dont work
    My bad I can't seem to find it as well. Screen size should be 240X260 for a Pearl. If you'd like I can email you the file compressor software. Its gonna be 5.25 mg file. As for playing mp4 format for video never heard anyone that has been able to do it. You can find conversion software to unprotect the mp4 file on download.com but I haven't experimented with it so I don't know how well it works.

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    This is what I found on converting itunes video to 3gp. Hope this will help.

The guide shows how to remove drm from protected wmv, wma, m4p, m4v, m4a, aac files and convert to unprotected WMV, MP4, MP3, WMA or any video and audio formats you like, such as AVI, MPEG, MOV, 3GP, m4a, aac, wmv, ogg, wav...

Queston: I purchased and downloaded some wmv videos from online music store but they are all DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected, which means that I can not enjoy them on my MP3 player and even play them using Windows Media Player on my PC. Could you please tell me there is a way to remove drm from WMV? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Answer: Daniusoft Digital Media Converter software is the quickest and easiest solution to remove drm from WMV, M4V, M4P, WMA, M4A, AAC, M4B, AA files by quick recording. It gets audio and video stream at the bottom of operating system, so the output quality is lossless and the conversion speed is fast . The process is as follows.

1.Download and install the DRM Removal Software
    2.Run the software and click “Add…” button to load WMA or M4A, M4B, AAC, WMV, M4P, M4V, ASF files
    3.Choose output formats. If you want to convert protected audio files, please select “Convert audio to” list; If you want to convert protected video files, please select “Convert video to” list.
    4.You can click “Settings” button to custom preference for output files.Click “Settings” button bellow “Convert audio to” list for protected audio filesClick “Settings” button bellow “Convert video to” list for protected video files
    5.Start remove DRM and convert your DRM protected music and videos by click on “Start” button.

What is DRM?
    DRM, which is most commonly found in movies and music files, doesn't mean just basic copy-protection of video, audio and ebooks, but it basically means full protection for digital content, ranging from delivery to end user's ways to use the content. We can remove the Drm from video and audio files legally by quick recording.

This via: http://www.highdefforum.com/showthre...513#post683513

Here is the link to get the softwear. It has a trial version from what I saw. Hope this helps.

http://www.download.com/Daniusoft-Di...-10831310.html
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ohbarnes no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up

I find doubleTwist the best as it reads from your iTunes and converts on the fly with drag and drop to your BB.

Also if you have a 320x240 device then drop this file in your "C:\Program Files\doubleTwist\Devices" folder and you will get great full screen video.

http://www.doubletwist.com

OB.
    OB - 8310 AT&T

stmcgill no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2104EBA8
    I managed to liberate all of my music without issue, but not any purchased iTunes videos? I transferred a couple via DoubleTwist Sync and then tried drag and drop, but they will not play on my Bold.

Any ideas?
    Shaun McGill
    www.pda-247.com
    Blackberry, Symbian, iPhone, Windows Mobile, Android etc. etc.
    PIN: 2104EBA8