Hello everyone! Is there any reason why I can't receive video clips via MMS. They've ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Atrocity no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    243B1999

Video via MMS

Advertisement

Hello everyone! Is there any reason why I can't receive video clips via MMS. They've sent me the clip over and over but I can't view it. I can receive pictures though. Any one know why?

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963

Re: Video via MMS

What file format is the video? How big is the video?

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Re: Video via MMS

Quote Originally Posted by Atrocity View Post
    Hello everyone! Is there any reason why I can't receive video clips via MMS. They've sent me the clip over and over but I can't view it. I can receive pictures though. Any one know why?
    yes, we are unable to send/receive video clips with the current blackberry OS (4.2 or lower) through mms. You can open certain size vid clips that are on the web through the blackberry browser. Tmobile came up with a (weak) solution to cover for this where it converts the received mms vids into a motion gif and attaches the sound in wav format to play at the same time. Other providers direct you to a website where you can view video and some just get a blank MMS that has dropped the file.

I believe 4.3 should allow it, but can't say for sure as I don't have it. Do we have any verizon 8130 holders that can share if send/receive mms vids work with their version?