I recently received my warranty replacement on my verizon 8330 Inever upgraded the os and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

plague no está en línea Stack level 1

video help 8330

Advertisement

I recently received my warranty replacement on my verizon 8330 Inever upgraded the os and videos from youtube and other sites played fine wether it was from my media card or web browse.My warranty replacemnt came with 4.5 pre installed now I keep getting the error unsupported media format I even tried viewing videos from vuclip and nada I can't even view 3gp videos ..what gives?? Someone please help!!!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by plague; 04-05-2009 at 07:43 PM.

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    I would take it back and complain,and get them to fix it.I'm not sure about verison,but us cellular has a tech in store where I live and he might be able to fix it on the spot.Maybe you could do that,without having to fuss with it your self.Esspecially since it was given to you that way.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    I had a customer come in with same problem, i wiped device, reloaded newest 4.5 for my company and didnt fix...could it be that the corruption is on the backup? and when i restore its putting it back on the clean phone??
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    That's a bit weird. Have you tried downgrading to a 4.3? Oreven upgrading to the newest leaked os your device? I would try the latter, and if it doesn't cure your problem, take it back to VZW and get them to fix it.
    BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.122 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    The YouTube capabilities didn't come 'till 4.5, so if that's your desire, I wouldn't go back to 4.3. In all honesty, I'd take it back to the vendor store and demand a replacement. If you're feeling really adventurous, I'd bet a clean wipe with JL_Cmder and new OS install would solve the problem.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Clean wipe won't do it..a I stated above..I did just that and it still had same issue. Only fix is going to be warranty. I even installed a diff OS. Diff version 4.5. I'd never load 4.3 again.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.282 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    My 8330 works well with youtube on 4.5 but also worked well on 4.3 even on my 8130 pearl, mobile youtube works fine with 4.3 and 4.5. Right now I'm running the telus 4.5.0.160 but have not had trouble with any OS yet. Occasionally a video won't work but it's a rare occurrence. I'm not sure what would cause it to not work for you.....maybe a setting somewhere...hmmm
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    My phone did tat on my videos but never on the internet bit I think it you have to turn off encrpyt file ar something else in your options read your help guide tatll help
    BlackBerry8330m/4.5.0.131 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    A
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.131 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104