My coworker wanted to start using his video player on his 8330 so I loaded ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Video format 8330 why won't it play avi?

Advertisement

My coworker wanted to start using his video player on his 8330 so I loaded up some of my videos onto his media card. They are all compressed avi files that work on my 8310 and Bold. Once installed, I tested the device out and it would not play the video I had preformatted for my BB. So I tried my media card in his device and no go. I tried another 8830 and found that it did the same thing. Is this a possible Verizon thing because I've tried multiple att phones and don't have an issue at all. Even trying different BB's with different software versions and it will still play video off my media card but won't play on Verizon BB's? Are these particular devices only designed to play 3GP format only?

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Update: I just tried a Sprint 8330 just now and it won't even recognize that the media card even has video. It read all other sources that are in my media card such as my pics and my music but not my videos.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Update: As long as I convert the video to the 3GP format it will then work on the 8330. The sprint phone will not recognize the avi files and the Verizon model will only see the file but cannot play them. Does anyone have any ideas why?