Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just got my first Blackberry (Curve) today and I am loving it so far. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

brad0420 no está en línea Stack level 1

Vibrate + Ring???

Advertisement

I just got my first Blackberry (Curve) today and I am loving it so far. From what I understand it will not ring and vibrate at the same time, is this correct? But I have heard that you can set it to vibrate and then ring. Could someone tell me which setting this is because all I see is Loud, Vibrate, Quiet, Normal, and Phone Only. Thanks for your help.

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Re: Vibrate + Ring???

chose one of those PROFILES then under ADVANCED OPTIONS you will see the ring settings.
    Michael

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

Yes, a vibe + ring profile is not installed on the phone from the factory. You will have to edit one of the others if you want it to do both.
    /~*brooke

rrrebo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240466CA

All true. Set your notification profiles up however you like, in-holster and out-of-holster, just be aware that the Curve, like many phones, will NOT vibrate and ring simultaneously. If you set it to vibrate and ring, it will vibrate the set number of times, THEN start playing your ring tone.

I had an mp3 on my media card set as my ring tone, with 2 vibrations in the holster. By the time my ringtone started playing, I'd usually already answered the call. When I have my headset on, it will chirp while the BB is vibrating, so again I end up almost never hearing my ringtone. I turned off a good many of the in-holster vibe alerts, and shortened the rest to only 1 shake. Helps on battery life, too.

ah_wil no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    251626B8

What does it mean by in-holster and out-of-holster ?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

You can get a holster for the BB, the holster has a magnet in it, that tells the phone whether its in the holster or not. My curve did not come with one, but my 8700 and 7520 did.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

sarnzzle no está en línea Stack level 1

Sorry to hijack the thread, but how is the holster for the curve?

Wastegate13 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249f1af9

Quote Originally Posted by sarnzzle
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but how is the holster for the curve?
    The OEM lambskin holster is very nice. They come in several different colors and fit the phone very well. I have read issues with using the OEM skin and not being able to use the OEM case together but I don't use the skin. I got mine off Ebay, the black was rather hard to track down though.

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d

Quote Originally Posted by rrrebo
    All true. Set your notification profiles up however you like, in-holster and out-of-holster, just be aware that the Curve, like many phones, will NOT vibrate and ring simultaneously. If you set it to vibrate and ring, it will vibrate the set number of times, THEN start playing your ring tone.

I had an mp3 on my media card set as my ring tone, with 2 vibrations in the holster. By the time my ringtone started playing, I'd usually already answered the call. When I have my headset on, it will chirp while the BB is vibrating, so again I end up almost never hearing my ringtone. I turned off a good many of the in-holster vibe alerts, and shortened the rest to only 1 shake. Helps on battery life, too.
    I do something similar, but I do it in order to keep from having to play around and switch my profiles constantly (I have my convenience key mapped to my message box). I'm in and out of meetings constantly all day long, but I also leave my BB laying around the office in random spots so hate having it set to all vibe. I actually pushed these settings out to all users and most use them now.

I've set it up like this:

Out of holster:
    MDS / PIN / SMS / Tasks / Calendar = 1 Vibe / 1 tone
    Phone calls = 2 vibe / escalating ringer

In holster:
    MDS / PIN / SMS / Tasks = 1 vibe / no tone
    Calendar = 2 vibe / no tone
    Phone = 3 vibe / no tone

These settings work well if you're in and out of a quiet place a lot but still need to be able to hear your alerts if you have your BB laying on your desk, etc. If I'm in a meeting with my BB out of holster I just click a key when the vibe starts to keep it from getting to a ring/tone point... And when my device ends up wedged in the couch with me clueless to its whereabouts, I can still hear it

And with the in holster, I used to find it so annoying that there were SO many just seemingly random vibe/tone combos that come default on the "normal" profile, the device would drive me crazy, especially if I was giving a presentation or something or talking to a client. Now I know if it stops at 1 vibe, it's not so important, but if it keeps on buzzing, I've got a call.

mrghozt no está en línea Stack level 2

Where can I get this holster?

mrghozt no está en línea Stack level 2

Can someone send me a link to a oic of one pls. My curve is scratchd froma few drops and I dust under the screen. Its less than thrity day so ima go replace it. I am looking for a good fitted cover for the phone to avoid the dust and get the holster so I don't need to use my pocket anymore. I boght a holster from tmobile that fits the curve great, but the one ur talking about with the magnet sounds cool.
    John

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by mrghozt
    Where can I get this holster?
    Many places... at Amazon, it's cheap - less than $12 - see:
    http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Lea.../dp/B000ROGDNM

I picked one up a few days ago for $29 (list price) as an AT&T mobile retail store.

PIN/ID
    240466CA

Quote Originally Posted by Wastegate13
    The OEM lambskin holster is very nice. They come in several different colors and fit the phone very well. I have read issues with using the OEM skin and not being able to use the OEM case together but I don't use the skin. I got mine off Ebay, the black was rather hard to track down though.
    I use the OEM skin and the OEM leather holster together quite nicely. No problems or issues with it in the least. Snug fit, but slides in and out well.

johel no está en línea Stack level 1

Where do I set notification profile?

Thanks for your advice.

PIN/ID
    240466CA

Look for the little speaker icon on your homescreen called "Profiles." Choose Advanced, then edit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast