With my previous blackberries I never figured out why when you select Vibrate & Ring ... BlackBerry Curve forum

szumlanski no está en línea Stack level 2

Vibrate and Ring Still Poor

Advertisement

With my previous blackberries I never figured out why when you select Vibrate & Ring in a profile that it cannot do both simultaneously like many of my previous phones. Now it seems nothing has changed with the 8300 and the latest OS from AT&T. I understand the thinking behind the way it is, but I don't like it... And they should call it Vibrate then Ring, not Vibrate & Ring.

I want true Vibrate AND Ring - simultaneously.

I need to have vibrate on for emails, and if I choose Vibrate & Ring for phone, there is no distinction between a call and email until the sound starts, at which time it is usually too late for me to get to the call in time.

Crackberry503 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Vibrate and Ring Still Poor

Have you tried goig to profiles and clicking andvanced optoons and editing your ring style there? Because that's what I did for my phone.

austx200 no está en línea Stack level 1

I agree. When you add vibrate to the mix, the delay before the tone begins is much too long.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

if you desire to have audible notification simultaneous with a vibrate for calls - y not just have the audible ringer selected... not sure of the benefit of having them go off together -

Obviously to have the device vibrate, the goal is for silent notification (meetings, movie, just not wanted to hear it) - having them occur at the same time defeats the purpose does it not?

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

Quote Originally Posted by jscottbarnes
    if you desire to have audible notification simultaneous with a vibrate for calls - y not just have the audible ringer selected... not sure of the benefit of having them go off together -

Obviously to have the device vibrate, the goal is for silent notification (meetings, movie, just not wanted to hear it) - having them occur at the same time defeats the purpose does it not?
    The benefit is obvious - maximum alerting. I don't want to have to change profiles every 10 minutes when I move from one environment to another. When I am on the workshop floor it is too loud to hear the ringer. When I move into the office I set my phone on my desk and want to HEAR it immediately upon receiving a call.

Like I said, I have had MANY phones before that behave in this manner. I can't figure out much benefit to Vibrate, then Ring. If you have your emails vibrate also, then you don't know it's a phone call until it starts ringing. Why have it vibrate at all for calls?

PIN/ID
    No-More

... thx for clarifying your needs a bit... but, it's just not do-able that way with a BB to my knowledge. I know understand your workshop and volume issue...

Seems checking it everytime it vibrates is your best solution at the moment... Good luck working that out or finding a work around -

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

On additional piece of advise. You can call AT&T Customer Service and they can INCREASE the amount of time the phone rings before it goes to voice mail. I did this, and it really makes a difference for not missing calls.

I don't have voicemail. Hate it.

I suggest to RIM that they introduce new options in the software.

Vibrate & Ring (that actually does what it says - simultaneous)
    Vibrate then Ring (what it actually does now)

PIN/ID
    No-More

Quote Originally Posted by szumlanski
    I don't have voicemail. Hate it.

I suggest to RIM that they introduce new options in the software.

Vibrate & Ring (that actually does what it says - simultaneous)
    Vibrate then Ring (what it actually does now)
    There is a customer service email addy at the RIM site... feel free to present your request/complaints to them directly.

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD