Hello, So I made the mistake of accidentally submerging my blackberry underwater for ~5 minutes. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

probe20 no está en línea Stack level 1

Vertical Scroll not Working

Advertisement

Hello,

So I made the mistake of accidentally submerging my blackberry underwater for ~5 minutes. I was able to dry it out and, miraculously, everything seemed to work fine on it (incoming\outgoing calls, screen looked fine, etc) EXCEPT for the vertical scroll. So horizontally, everything is fine, but without vertical scrolling, I'm very limited in use.

I've read a few posts describing how to remove the trackball and clean it, etc, and I've done those things without much luck. Does anyone have any other ideas or are the sensors for the vertical scrolling just damaged and I've run out of luck at this point. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    I hate to say it, but after drying it out and taking it apart it may be toast. I ran into a website that sells trackball components pretty cheap. www.cnn.cn/shop.
    I purchased a trackball from them a while back and it worked great! came with instructions and a tool to help remove the trackball.

Maybe this site will have some other parts that will help.

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ sheesh. I don't know what to tell ya man...doesn't look good. Maybe it'll come back on it's own (I have heard that before.)