Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by jblackfish Yeah, but have a heart. We're all capable of letting curiosity ... BlackBerry Curve forum

onedoteight no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Yeah, but have a heart. We're all capable of letting curiosity and interest in new stuff get the best of us sometimes. Whoever hasn't fallen for SOME new device or gadget SIMPLY on media hype raise your hand.
    My hand is in the air!!
    Blackberry Storm 9530 4.7.0.103 (Verizon)
    Blackberry Curve 8330 default (Verizon)
    Apple Ipod Touch
    Canon PowerShot SD1000

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Ok, so the Apple wonks are taken to the cleaners by their guru "MobileMess" Jobs?
    Having their emails lost in a "cloud", and calls dropped?
    It's hillarious they all waited in line for hours to have a gizzmo slapped in their hand and were told to take it home and try to activate it while a million other schtups were choking their servers.
    Whatta joke!!!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by onedoteight View Post
    My hand is in the air!!
    I'd say you're an exception - I could be wrong.

Anyway, I've never been tempted by the iPhone but I've bought (and tried) enough stuff for several of you just because it sounded neat and I thought I ought to have it.

A lot of it - the stuff that didn't work as advertised - went back for refunds...but I have a solar charger for my BB, iGo stuff to charge that and other stuff, a digital (wi-fi capable) camera, a video iPod, a wireless BT keyboard for BB, etc, etc, nearly all bought because of ads/reviews that I came across or just something I wanted to try. I've also got Linux on my laptop as a possible solution to Windows someday.

Maybe I just try stuff out and you don't. I think most folks are curious enough to go for SOMETHING every once in a while.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

onedoteight no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I'd say you're an exception - I could be wrong.

Anyway, I've never been tempted by the iPhone but I've bought (and tried) enough stuff for several of you just because it sounded neat and I thought I ought to have it.

A lot of it - the stuff that didn't work as advertised - went back for refunds...but I have a solar charger for my BB, iGo stuff to charge that and other stuff, a digital (wi-fi capable) camera, a video iPod, a wireless BT keyboard for BB, etc, etc, nearly all bought because of ads/reviews that I came across or just something I wanted to try. I've also got Linux on my laptop as a possible solution to Windows someday.

Maybe I just try stuff out and you don't. I think most folks are curious enough to go for SOMETHING every once in a while.
    Sorry I read it backwards... Darn dyslexia!!! My hand is in the air for having to buy a new gadget just to try it out and see if it lives up to the hype or not... I like the ipod touch myself but wouldnt trade my curve for an Iphone.
    Blackberry Storm 9530 4.7.0.103 (Verizon)
    Blackberry Curve 8330 default (Verizon)
    Apple Ipod Touch
    Canon PowerShot SD1000

Sorry I read it backwards... Darn dyslexia!!! My hand is in the air for having to buy a new gadget just to try it out and see if it lives up to the hype or not... I like the ipod touch myself but wouldnt trade my curve for an Iphone.
    Well that makes me feel a little better - I thought I'd run across a BB lover with steel discipline! As it turns out, you're just another occasional "patsy" like me.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    I WOULDN'T TRADE MY DOORSTOP FOR AN iPHONE.

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    Quote Originally Posted by tmdavies01 View Post
    Their CS is good but the phones and plans suck...service is ok.....but im out as soon as my contract ends( next month)! I live in Northern VA....who should I go with??? When is the touch screen BB coming out? And who is going to get it?
    Tmdavies01: IMHO, most of my friends that are on Verizon always get "more bars in more places" than I do on my ATT, where ever I may be, Atlanta, Dallas or Southern Cal. I think all the major carriers CS is medocre at best. So I think its a pick your poison decision. Ask your friends who gets the best reception in your area. Sprint has the best deal on plans, but that is because they are losing subscribers by the hundreds of thousands. Their high speed internet is great (my wife is on Sprint). If my work didnt pay for my ATT, I would be on Sprint too. Then I would have no need to get the bold right away as the only thing I need on it is the 3G. My work is too cheap to put everyone on the BES so I have to access the work EMAIL over the browesr. SO SLOW on ATT. When I use my wifes phone on the weekend (Pearl) it's SO FAST in comparison.

So it's mind over matter. Which ever carrier you don't mind, it don't matter. LOL

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    I had AT&t awhile back and they sucked.I had Nextel and dropped them so fast, I actually broke my contract. They were the worst ever! I agree Verizon is like 20 bucks more a month but I NEVER lose a call or not have service.

¤Via Curvelicious¤

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803
    Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Can you dig it? A 3g, flip phone, and a touch screen all about to be brought to market. And the consumer features that are going to be in the Thunda os!
    Does RIM have a battle plan or what - they got it TOGETHER!
    And I digs the fact that they WON'T release the Bold until it's ready, unlike Apple, who dumps millions of paperweights on the market with dud batteries, crappy chips that cause dropped calls, email sucked into a MobileMess, and security problems for enterprise. RIM RULES
    Just a small side note. The phone manufacturers first test their product and then the phones are product tested by ATT!

ATT is responsible for when the phones are released.

Bold was supposedly postponed due to it not being stable on the 3G network!

In my opinion it was postponed cause of heat from Apple with the iPhone!!!

Anyways just wanted to share my $0.02

rayrod354 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Oh, yeah... I worked for Nextel for about 3 years and had a Nextel phone for about 9 years and hated it but I was used to it. I saw the blackberry with AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, and Verizon and compared prices. With AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon they all charge for some blackberry package which is usually an extr $20-$30. So I went with Sprint because $99 covers it all ( Unlimited calls, Unlimited texts, Navigation, Sprint T.V ) then I have every form of IM possible ( AIM, Yahoo, MSN,Google, and Blackberry I'm which is great plus facebook and myspace )... Google maps is also great cause it gives you a satellite view... And the service is great. My brother in law works for verizon and has a company phone which has no service at his home ( LMAO )... Now he is switching to Sprint. Plus all the themes and stuff posted here and my 8gb card ( I never get off this damn thing ) lol...

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    I've been with Verizon for several years now and I haven't had any major issues that weren't taken care of by CS or TS. I've heard more complaints from friends who have been on some of the other carriers over various issues though.

white2003 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've been on Verizon for about 4 years and never really had an issue. I have the 8830 WE blackberry. I would love to get that touch screen one. Only problem is if it is like the iphone, I feel it is hard to type on it. I've had Cingular, tmobile, Nextel, and Verizon and Verizon is the best in my opinion.

It (carrier coverage) depends on where you're located folks. Coverage is great some places and not-so-great others. Some of you could (please) update your basic profile info and we could determine better where you're talking about -

jwoy42 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    319f0d6f

Thumbs up

Their CS is good but the phones and plans suck...service is ok.....but im out as soon as my contract ends( next month)! I live in Northern VA....who should I go with??? When is the touch screen BB coming out? And who is going to get it?

You are right about their customer service....

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/103210

Sneakerholic no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31b3d399
    I live in Northern VA and you either have Vz or Sprint... I have had a string of services starting with Vz.. And now I been back with Vz for the last year and a half and it BLOWS the comp. out the water w/ CS and Coverage yeah the phones come out later and they have pricer plans but its well worth it to get teh best.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast