Running bb maps 1.2 with a Verizon curve 8330 4.5.97 and I can't get the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

pip611 no está en línea Stack level 2

Verizon GPS Problem with bb maps

Advertisement

Running bb maps 1.2 with a Verizon curve 8330 4.5.97 and I can't get the GPS working. It just says searching for satellites and never finds any. I've tried this outdoors and still no good. Any thoughts?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Are you using Telenav or some other plan with the GPS. Verizon may have the GPS locked if you're not. In other words, I think you have to pay the $10/mo for the GPS feature to be unlocked.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

pip611 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Are you using Telenav or some other plan with the GPS. Verizon may have the GPS locked if you're not. In other words, I think you have to pay the $10/mo for the GPS feature to be unlocked.
    they just unlocked it about a week ago so it's free now.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm with Alltel (8330) and had some trouble getting my GPS going the 1st time. I don't remember anything I did to get it to work except I just kept trying and eventually it did. I even went into the middle of my street where I had a clear sky path (lots of trees here) trying it.

If you try it in several locations without success I'd take it back to the Verizon store and go out in the parking lot with a rep and demonstrate that it doesn't work. (Going to all that trouble will SURELY get it working and you'll be embarrassed and they'll think you are a kook...but it'll be working. )
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

pshift no está en línea Stack level 3
    I did a reset the 1st time (after selecting the device GPS), and from then on, it works great.

mondouxd no está en línea Stack level 1
    Did you turn "location on" in the gps advanced options? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hazzmatte no está en línea Stack level 2
    Need help here on a Verizon 8830 Curve.

When someone sends me thier location through blackberry messanger is comes up as a link to BB web site. It does not show the senders location.

Doing the same thng on a storm it will show on a map where the sender is.

Anything on this would be appreciated.

tdldoorman no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my curve gps worked great for about a week but now it just keeps searching for sattelites. I pulled the battery and no better. Help