Hey all... New to the site.... I just got Fios, from Verizon installed in my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

italy3344 no está en línea Stack level 1

Verizon Fios Router And Uma!! Please Help!!

Advertisement

Hey all...
    New to the site....
    I just got Fios, from Verizon installed in my home and they gave me thier wireless router (Actiontec MI424-WR) and it seems that it wont let me make any calls with UMA.....
    When I try making a call it will ring for 2 seconds and then calls fails. I can send and recieve text messages and get internet..... weird!!!
    When I go to my friends house it works fine with his router....
    I guess my question is, do I need to have any special settings for this new router I have looked on the site and can't seem to figure it out..... Without the UMA I can't get phone calls from my house, it was a big reason why I got this phone in the first place.... I appreciate your help!!!

I have called Verizon, T-Mobile and they both keep telling me that its the other companies issue.....T-Mobile even called Rim themselves for me and they couldn't do anything.......

I even went to go get a new router but Verizon claims it wont work on their network! Its so frustrating spent numerous hours and no answers!!!

I appreciate anyones help!!!

Ralph

tiger123sw no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207ab3

Re: Verizon Fios Router And Uma!! Please Help!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~that FIOS router just does not work with UMA my friend had one installed at his shop and my uma does the same cuts out in about 1 min wifi works but no uma the interim fix is to hook a cheap dlink,linksys or TMOs H@H router to the verizon router as an access point and you will get your uma back. There are detailed instruction in the forum on how to do that, just do a search for fios or your router model number

thanks tiger....
    see i went out and boutght a netgear router... and when I was setting it up, it was asking me for a static ip address and all, which I didn't know so I called verizon and the lady was telling me that I couldn't put any other router with the Actiontec router.....
    She wouldn't give me the static IP or gateway information.....she was a bit rude about it too but ehh what are ya gonna do! So I just thought because of that I was kinda up the creek, well you know! lol

PIN/ID
    24207ab3

Here is a link thats tells you how to hook the two together http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...izon_fios.html
    read down to acronators post he explains it step by step

thanks tiger!!! I will try this later on and see how it goes......
    I knew someone would have an answer.....and i knew it wouldn't be the so called techs at verizon or t-mobile.....
    just gets so frustrating sometimes....I have aweful reception in my house with my cell so the UMA would be the ideal fix.....
    I just changed to FIOS a week or so ago, before that I had cable internet and with my netgear it worked awesome! It was a life saver being my cell was my life line for work and all!
    ok too my rambling on here! LOL I APPRECIATE EVERYONES HELP....Let you know how it goes!
    Ralph

PIN/ID
    24207ab3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well that is one reason I have not left comcast, I love my uma ... Maybe you should think about switching back. Fios just came into my area a few months ago I am going to waite a wile before thinking about switching

I had cablevision and I must say Fios is by far better and even the internet service..... I am not unhappy of the switch I am just unhappy of the router problem.....

theroadkill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    UponRqst

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Fyi: I have posted in other posts, and I'm sure the link listed a couple posts up will show, UMA and FiOS can and do play nice together. In fact I am using UMA over FiOS to post this message. 8-)