I just picked up a brand new 8330 Curve from Verizon (my first BB after ... BlackBerry Curve forum

PRSPower no está en línea Stack level 1

Verizon 8330 case/holster question.

Advertisement

I just picked up a brand new 8330 Curve from Verizon (my first BB after many Windows Mobile HTC phones.) I am loving it so far.

My question is about the case/holster. My friend has the 8830 World Edition with Verizon and it is what prompted me to get the Curve, but I am seriously disappointed in the OEM case that came with the Curve compared to the case that came with the 8830. Does anyone have any good suggestions for a nice holster for the 8330?

Thanks,
    Chad

greystealth no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319DD34b
    If you look around, they have one that is almost exactly like the one the 8830 comes with but just a tad smaller. Ive seen it online in many places, I even went down to a cell phone shop in the area and they had it there. I bought one right away. It's the OEM Leather holster.

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3
    Verizon now sells the Seidio belt clip. Very nice. I bought on today.
    Andy

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16
    Honestly, check out eBay. I was able to pick up an 8300 series OEM BB holster for my 8830 for $15 with shipping. You are right the pocket case is kind of lame.

bidarts no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c2ab86
    I am using the case that the 8330 came with and I like it, the only problem is when I slide the phone into it it tends to push buttons on the keypad and select options, I figure it will stretch the more I use it so let's see in a few days.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PRSPower no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Schufly View Post
    Verizon now sells the Seidio belt clip. Very nice. I bought on today.

Schufly,

Does the Seidio belt clip sold at Verizon have the magnet to automagically put it into standby?

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Check this out! This will be my 3rd OtterBox! I love the cases and protection! 3 layers!!! You have a clear skin that wraps the device, front-to-back w/ only the track-ball exposed, w/Donaldson filters to filter dust from speakers, mic, etc.,/ then a hard-case that encloses the device. THEN, a rubberized skin that wraps the whole hard-case. Last, but not least, a holster that is smart-sensing...this also protects your device screen as it faces backward toward your belt. Star Marine Depot is the cheapest as far as $$$. Here's the link:

http://www.starmarinedepot.com/Otter...ries+Case.html

greystealth no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319DD34b
    Quote Originally Posted by bidarts View Post
    I am using the case that the 8330 came with and I like it, the only problem is when I slide the phone into it it tends to push buttons on the keypad and select options, I figure it will stretch the more I use it so let's see in a few days.

To fix this problem go to security and enable the lock mode. Therefore, when you slide the phone into the pouch/holster it will automatically lock and prevent this from happening.

bigmclaren no está en línea Stack level 1
    look online they make the holster that you are talking about for the curve. i have it. bought it at a local at&t store.

bidarts no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c2ab86
    Thanks greystealth, I know about that feature but I hate the extra step of unlocking it but I guess I can try and get used to it

goesquik no está en línea Stack level 1

Go to an AT&T store

The verizon store by me had nothing so I went to an AT&T store. They have the BB branded plastic clip that puts the phone to sleep when it snaps in. Works great and has a 1 year warranty. pic below

[img=http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/5183/img00002sc4.th.jpg]

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    I also have the 8330 and just simply went to an ATT store and purchased the plastic belt clip for the curve which has the magnet in it. It fits fine and is very secure.

Simple solution.

jwoy42 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    319f0d6f
    Bought the 8300 series OEM BB holster off of ebay and it has been working great for me. Keeps the BB out of my pocket and the magnet keeps buttons from getting pushed.