How does this curve compare to tmobile (8320) and the ATT 8310? features pretty much ... BlackBerry Curve forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

Verizon 8330 ?

Advertisement

How does this curve compare to tmobile (8320) and the ATT 8310? features pretty much the same? Signal quality and call quality better/worse/same? I've heard that GSM is relatively inferior to CDMA? Whatcha think?

thymaster no está en línea Stack level 3
    There are disadvantages and advantages to both technology. CDMA advances more in call quality (fewer drop call, better wall penatration, support more users per cell), security and data (cheaper to upgrade to 3G and 4G). GSM came out before CDMA so the subscriber based is more worldwide and uses sim card subscriber based.

I'm with Bell in Canada currently and used to have Telus and they are both CDMA based. SIM cards are great ideas but I could never go back to Rogers GSM here because of their poor call quality and slow data is driving me insane.

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Could not have said it any better myself. I do appreciate a lot of the adds to cdma but the late arrival of the newest coolest phones is bit of a drawback. But there is no way I could ever be a Rogers client either.
    The 8330 is a great phone with pretty much all the features of the GSM curve but from what I gather the GSM curve does not have a video recorder out of the box where the 8330 does. But with the recent Software updates this is a non issue too. Hope this helps a bit. Best regards cHAd
    Quote Originally Posted by thymaster View Post
    There are disadvantages and advantages to both technology. CDMA advances more in call quality (fewer drop call, better wall penatration, support more users per cell), security and data (cheaper to upgrade to 3G and 4G). GSM came out before CDMA so the subscriber based is more worldwide and uses sim card subscriber based.

I'm with Bell in Canada currently and used to have Telus and they are both CDMA based. SIM cards are great ideas but I could never go back to Rogers GSM here because of their poor call quality and slow data is driving me insane.