Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

That would be a first (and unlikely IMO). The 8120 is GSM. There might be ... BlackBerry Curve forum

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Verizon 8303....

Advertisement

That would be a first (and unlikely IMO). The 8120 is GSM. There might be a CDMA 812x down the road...

BBwannabe no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I hope the first poster is telling the truth. I just bought my 8703 a couple of months ago, but I would absolutely pay full retail if the 8300 came to Verizon.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Justaniother reason for me to hold onto my 8703e just a bit longer!

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by UH8ME
    Justaniother reason for me to hold onto my 8703e just a bit longer!

Me too. The 8830 is a small step up from the 8703e but not enough to make the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by whsbuss
    Me too. The 8830 is a small step up from the 8703e but not enough to make the switch.
    I don't see it as that big a step up. Unless you absolutely need the multimedia stuff, what else it there? I'm curious to see how that keyboard feels. Something tells me it'll be a lot closer to typing on a Treo than the 8703.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by BBwannabe
    I don't see it as that big a step up. Unless you absolutely need the multimedia stuff, what else it there? I'm curious to see how that keyboard feels. Something tells me it'll be a lot closer to typing on a Treo than the 8703.
    You can send and receive via BT with the 8830, better organisation of the files since you can attach them on an email, synchronize via BT, etc... It is an improvement depending on your needs
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Plus the SD storage, trackball navigation (if you consider that an improvement), and OS 4.2! I can certainly understand if those aren't of value to you for a "large" step, but for me it's a big step from the 7130e (which I do actually like the SureType).

Quote Originally Posted by woodi68
    Plus the SD storage, trackball navigation (if you consider that an improvement), and OS 4.2! I can certainly understand if those aren't of value to you for a "large" step, but for me it's a big step from the 7130e (which I do actually like the SureType).
    The storage capacity and jump in OS absolutely interest me, but I'm still concerned about the keyboard. I type out a lot of emails/texts in a day and it's so much more comfortalbe on the 8703 vs. my Treo, which is the phone the 8830 most resembles to me. However, if there is no 8300 for Verizon come next February, I can see myself making the switch to the 8830.

Out of curiosity, does the 8830 have spell check?

BoogieNYC no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I tried the 8800 when it originally appeared for Cingy; the keyboard isn't awful for normal hands and the trackball is a huge improvement, but for us VZW people, there's (IMO) not a big-enough improvement from the 8703e to the 88xx as there will be to the 83xx. Personally, having used the 88xx and the 87xx I'm waiting on the 83xx so take that how you want to. The only plus, at least for some people, is the 88's lack of a camera. That, and until we know whether the 83xx is def. coming out for VZW we don't know.

Me, I'm waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogieNYC
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I tried the 8800 when it originally appeared for Cingy; the keyboard isn't awful for normal hands and the trackball is a huge improvement, but for us VZW people, there's (IMO) not a big-enough improvement from the 8703e to the 88xx as there will be to the 83xx. Personally, having used the 88xx and the 87xx I'm waiting on the 83xx so take that how you want to. The only plus, at least for some people, is the 88's lack of a camera. That, and until we know whether the 83xx is def. coming out for VZW we don't know.

Me, I'm waiting.
    Same here. The only reason I'd even upgrade to the 8300 is for the camera, which isn't a make or break for me but an option I'd like to have.

BoogieNYC no está en línea Stack level 2

Same here. The only reason I'd even upgrade to the 8300 is for the camera, which isn't a make or break for me but an option I'd like to have.
    I'll say this...of the three BB's -- the 87xx, the 88xx and the 83xx -- I think the 83xx is ahead of the other two by far. The 83xx has the ball (the wheel is lousy, period) and it's smaller than the 88xx as well as the 87xx. The camera is iffy, but the key difference -- no pun intended -- between the 83xx and the 88xx is the keyboard. I tried that 88xx keyboard and as much as I'd like to pull the trigger and get the 8803 right this minute (or as soon as VZW starts selling it to consumers), I don't want to be tethered to that 88xx keyboard. I'd love to upgrade now rather than wait -- hope -- the 83xx is coming for VZW, but until I hear from my guy at RIM that it's not happening, I'd rather wait than have to get used to the 88xx.

If/when I hear anything I'll pass it on...hopefully there'll be some good news re: VZW and the Curve soon...

-B-

Yes, please - by all means let us know!

Hiphop101043 no está en línea Stack level 1

YES! I a soooo excited! I am up for a new phone and I am gonna wait it out for that 8303~

jglee311 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

I wish it were true guys, but from what I hear from a friend that works for RIM.......there are currently no plans on introducing a 8300 CDMA device. And, to pour salt in the wound........he says he has had EVERY device that RIM has offered and the 8300 is by far the best. Geeez......thanks pal!!

Corbett no está en línea Stack level 2

I dont know. My dad swears it was the 8303 from Verizon he held in hand at the Orlando show. I guess we will eventually see who is right.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast