Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ok so first off, I hope I dont come off as some little kid bragging ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Corbett no está en línea Stack level 2

Verizon 8303....

Advertisement

Ok so first off, I hope I dont come off as some little kid bragging or anything, just understand that I know a lot of people here hang on every little bit of new info on upcoming blackberries that they can get. I'm 25 and married so what I am about to say is not a "my dadddy is this" comment. Its just to give you information. With that said, here we go.

I live in Detroit and my father works for General Motors. His title I belive is the "Global Blackberry Project Manager." He is in charge of keeping everything Blackberry up an running for ALL of General Motors, worldwide. More of the project management side, where he makes sure everyone else is keeping it running I should say. Anyways, I was talking with him last night and he was telling me about his trip to Orlando he just made for work last week which was for the "National Wireless Symposium" or something like that.

Anyways, of course, the first thing I asked was if he had heard of the 8300. He said yes and that he had in his hand at the show an 8303 for Verizon. He didnt have a release date or anything but he said it was a very nice phone. The big part was that he said it has WiFi and that the "03" in 8303 stands for WiFi. I asked if he had seen one for T-Mobile (my carrier) and he said he didnt see it, but he may just have missed it. Obviously we know T-Mo is carrying in over in Europe so they WILL have it eventually, just dont know if it will have WiFi.
    Last edited by Corbett; 05-17-2007 at 08:24 AM.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Re: Verizon 8303....

Sounds good. I will be looking forward to that.

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Thanks for the info. I will be glad when they become available.

captkoons no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    249f5d59

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ As you said, any bit of info is great. Can't wait! (Wow, that rhyme was unintentional.)

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Thanks for all that info and hope it's gonna be out soon for Telus
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Great info! Thanks for it.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Sounds great! I will say the the 03 doesn't necessarily stand for wifi, as the 8703 doesn't have wifi. Just a point made.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

IF Tmo picks up the 83xx, you can bet that it will have wifi. If you notice the trend in pda phones they are all starting to have wifi on the device, MDA,DASH, ETC.

myBBest2003 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks for the info.

If you get a chance to talk to your dad soon, can you ask him if he noticed GPS for this 8303 model he looked at?

Much appreciated.

mocmylov no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ab2f41

If his dad said the 8303 was for verizon' then it probably does have GPS built in... But it probably will be crippled as it is the the 8800

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

All we can do is wait and see what comes out.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

today i spoke to an exec. i know that works at verizon. i asked him about this 8303. hes a personal friend of mine. so he would tell me. he said he hasnt recieved anything, hasnt seen the device, and hasnt heard of it comming out on verizon network yet at all. also stated that the next blackberry to come out on verizons network as far as a consumer blackberry is going to be the pearl. other then the 8830 and the pearl he said no other blackberrys are in the works or comming out in 2007 at all.

jloverg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

i talk with a high rank i cant disclose name in the tmo area and he told me we should see a new bb in the market as soon has next month

akg
    akg no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240EB50D

I talked to a big exec I know over at RIM today (I can't tell you his exact position but he's WAY up there) and he said that next month will be released 8300 series "Grandpappy Bear" that will be GSM/GPRS/EDGE/HSDPA/UMTS/CDMA/iDEN/EV-DO and has wi-fi (802.11n of course), GPS, and a 5.0 megapixel camera with 10x optical zoom. It will come to every carrier at the same time and they are all unlocked and unbranded.

Oh yeah...the only catch is that you have to wear the battery in the optional backpack/suitcase accesory.

myBBest2003 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX
    today i spoke to an exec. i know that works at verizon. i asked him about this 8303. hes a personal friend of mine. so he would tell me. he said he hasnt recieved anything, hasnt seen the device, and hasnt heard of it comming out on verizon network yet at all. also stated that the next blackberry to come out on verizons network as far as a consumer blackberry is going to be the pearl. other then the 8830 and the pearl he said no other blackberrys are in the works or comming out in 2007 at all.
    It will be interesting to see if the Pearl that VZN gets in 2007 will be the newly anticipated release of the Pearl 8120. Is there really a reason to get an old version of the Pearl when the next generation model will most likely be released in and around the month of September? Maybe VZN will be the first to receive the new Pearl along with Rogers. I know many think that TMO will be the first, but who knows if that will be the case.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast