Hi everybody... I have a question about replacing (or erasing) a Vendor ID on Cruve. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

LOODINDUSTRIES no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Vendor ID on Curve

Hi everybody...
    I have a question about replacing (or erasing) a Vendor ID on Cruve.

I already changed the OS by installing a new one with (edited .alx file, changed all Vendor ID on theme section, removed Vendor.xml file and all that) but when the handheld boots I get the Vendor's splash screen and controlling with alt+shift H still shows me the initial vendor ID (180 - Turkcell).
    Now, anybody tired to modify Vendor.xml file (changing the vendor ID instead of deleteing the file)?

If there is anybody who knows how that can be accomplished, please give me a hand about it...It seems to me that this Vendor ID, it is somehow "burned" into the handheld (more likely on hardware somehow) since everytime I erased all data and apps without backup and still the joker splash screen pops up every time when the handheld starts....

By the way - to make all themes on BB to work, is better to erase vendor codes on .alx file, instead of setting all of them to handheld's default vendor ID. - you will be surprised, that you will get one or two themes more this way (I don't know why, but it just behave like this)....

Stay connected.....

rrrebo no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Vendor ID on Curve

It's hard-coded into the device, as far as anyone can tell.

Re: Vendor ID on Curve

nope can't be changed