Ok so call me a noob but can anyone enlighten me on how to get ... BlackBerry Curve forum

TylerRiot no está en línea Stack level 2

Vcards

Advertisement

Ok so call me a noob but can anyone enlighten me on how to get my contacts (currently stored as a large vcard with some 200+ entries) onto my BB?

I run a mac and pocketmac is entirely useless (at least i cant get it to cooperate!) so was hoping (as with most phones) that i could bluetooth it across or send the VCard(s) as an attachment to an email which when opened would populate the address book.

As an aside last week my BB went down and my service provider simply plied me with a new one, i held onto the mini sd card in the hope that important data (such as address book and photos including subfiles of photos) would be stored on there. This apparently is not the case, some photos (those taken with the camera) were stored but others (those saved in a separate file) were not, nor was the address book and calender entries. Any ideas how to retrieve these or are they lost forever?

Cheers!

T~

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: Vcards

import the vcards into your addressbook in the mac. open pocket mac click on contacts/addressbook advanced preferences. if your bb has any contacts that u wanna retain, click on 2 way sync if not, click on overwrite mac and sync. all ur contacts will be loaded on to ur bb
    regarding your 2nd question. if u havent backed up/synced the earlier bb on ur comp, there isnt much u can do.
    sorry

TylerRiot no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Vcards

thanks - will give pocket mac another chance. the last time i tried it it just refused to cooperate. will try again when i have the patience!