I don't know if anyone has figured this one out yet, but I know a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

PacificDude8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Post Using Bank of America Mobile (bofa.mobi) on 8320

Advertisement

I don't know if anyone has figured this one out yet, but I know a few (including myself) were having trouble accessing www.bofa.mobi (Bank of America Mobile) ... And I've figured out how to make it work.

This is for you IF you receive the security error when visiting the site.

From the BB Browser: Press MENU -> OPTIONS -> GENERAL PROPERTIES -> DEFAULT BROWSER = "INTERNET BROWSER" -> CLOSE BROWSER -> GOTO BOFA.MOBI

If your Default Browser is set to Wi-Fi Browser, or tzones, the site's security settings will not recognize the 8320 as a secure device. I've noticed that you have to [annoyingly] play with this setting to get some sites to load.

For example when I was in the car on EDGE, I had to manually switch to "tzones" to get the EDGE speed (internet browser didn't work like I expected it to - on any page). Why you must switch between WiFi Browser, Internet Browser, and tzone's all the time I do not know. If anyone has any specifications on this please notify me. Or if you know of a simpler way to change the browser mode, like a hotkey or something, tell me PLEASE! it's a pain to have to go into the options, change it, close the browser completely, then reload it, and go back to the site you were trying to view.

Thanks!
    --
    Walt

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

Re: Using Bank of America Mobile (bofa.mobi) on 8320

interesting thanks for posting that i havnt had anyh problems on any network, wifi, edge always worked for me so far i actually work for Bofa online lol so its cool to know this tahinks again.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

I dunna, but for me I haven't changed any settings and the message happened all last week and a few days ago it just stopped. I think it's a site issue.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Try going to browser, options, browser configuration, change emulation to Microsoft IE.

This setting lets you browse the bank of america site on your berry.

jsternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DFE188
    Quote Originally Posted by PacificDude8
    I don't know if anyone has figured this one out yet, but I know a few (including myself) were having trouble accessing www.bofa.mobi (Bank of America Mobile) ... And I've figured out how to make it work.

This is for you IF you receive the security error when visiting the site.

From the BB Browser: Press MENU -> OPTIONS -> GENERAL PROPERTIES -> DEFAULT BROWSER = "INTERNET BROWSER" -> CLOSE BROWSER -> GOTO BOFA.MOBI

If your Default Browser is set to Wi-Fi Browser, or tzones, the site's security settings will not recognize the 8320 as a secure device. I've noticed that you have to [annoyingly] play with this setting to get some sites to load.

For example when I was in the car on EDGE, I had to manually switch to "tzones" to get the EDGE speed (internet browser didn't work like I expected it to - on any page). Why you must switch between WiFi Browser, Internet Browser, and tzone's all the time I do not know. If anyone has any specifications on this please notify me. Or if you know of a simpler way to change the browser mode, like a hotkey or something, tell me PLEASE! it's a pain to have to go into the options, change it, close the browser completely, then reload it, and go back to the site you were trying to view.

Thanks!
    I don't know how you figured it out but you did. Strangely, I already had my browser prefs to "internet" I just refreshed my settings and it worked! Thank you mucho!