I asked this over in the 8800 forum and didn't get any love, I'll try ... BlackBerry Curve forum

QYV
    QYV no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23d492cc

using another BB as bluetooth GPS?

Advertisement

I asked this over in the 8800 forum and didn't get any love, I'll try over here

I have an 8320 as my primary device, but I also have an old 8800 which has GPS. I did this before with a friend on a different carrier, paired bluetooth with him and I could select his 8800 as a GPS source but I can't seem to get that option with this one.

Does anybody know if this is possible or have any experience? like, maybe a setting on the 8800 that says to allow access to GPS via bluetooth or anything like that?

cheers

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    thats a cool Idea! I can play with this today. My one thought is what would stop u from just switch sim cards.

QYV
    QYV no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23d492cc
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffallen8 View Post
    thats a cool Idea! I can play with this today. My one thought is what would stop u from just switch sim cards.
    My 8320 is the device with all my corporate email and such on it. If I switched, I wouldn't get email or any of my 8320 apps while I was using the 8800.

You're right, it would be possible to just swap sim cards but if I can do it via bluetooth pairing so I don't have to go through that hassle, would be really nice. Especially since I've SEEN it work before I just don't understand why it's not giving me the option now.

I guess it is worth mentioning that the 8800 I previously paired with and had GPS source was an ATT device, mine are both Tmobile. Same model though...