Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You can also find out which com port is your bluetooth com port and set ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jstodda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241E85A8

Re: Using 8320 as tethered modem at t-mobile hotspot

Advertisement

You can also find out which com port is your bluetooth com port and set that up as the com port for the modem as well. ALL T-Mobile internet plans allow tethering. They are true unlimited use unlike most other carriers. It takes some technical knowledge but tethering can be quite cool once you get it working. Tethering via WIFI is a bit more difficult as it works off different servers.

Keep in mind the "hotspot" locations at Starbucks are ALL going away. T Mobile is getting rid of Starbucks partnership with the change to Talk 4 Ever. ATT is picking it up and starting things on their own.
    T-Mobile Sales Manager
    Blackberry Addict
    Open to answering questions
    PIN: 241E85A8

zoobio no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Using 8320 as tethered modem at t-mobile hotspot

You do not need to select the same COM port listed in the Win XP Device manager for the standard modem. Just before you tether, launch Blackberry Desktop Manager. If you've used Desktop Manager before, you will already have it set up for USB. Just leave it like that. If you've never used Desktop Manager before, in the Options menu, Connections settings, select USB. Now connect your Blackberry. Next, in the network connections control panel connect using the dial up modem you already configured in previous steps.

BTW - When I'm at home and the Blackberry is wifi connected to my Internet router (UMA), I can tether my laptop with the Blackberry and surf over my wifi connection. Obviously, I wouldn't need to do this at home, but if you have H@H and you are in a TMo hotspot somewhere on the road, it should work.

I don't have H@H, though I would if it was $10 a month like it was during the intro that I missed!
    Last edited by zoobio; 02-21-2008 at 10:35 PM.

amanty no está en línea Stack level 1
    Evrything was working fine until I got a phone call. Now when I try and connect I get error 721. It says the host computer is not responding. I will get as far as verifying username and password before this message appears.

Please help.

Thanks.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by amanty View Post
    Evrything was working fine until I got a phone call. Now when I try and connect I get error 721. It says the host computer is not responding. I will get as far as verifying username and password before this message appears.

Please help.

Thanks.
    You will have to restart the phone, pull the battery with it on, the phone call didconnects the Data. this should't happen al the time though, make sure you have the latest SW on the phone and an updated DTM
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

amanty no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks teck but what is SW and DTM?

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Sorry, SW is Software, DTM is the desktop manager.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12