can 8350i be used as broadband modem when connected to a laptop?... BlackBerry Curve forum

ranfot no está en línea Stack level 1

use 8350i as a modem on a Laptop

Advertisement

can 8350i be used as broadband modem when connected to a laptop?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yes, you can use your device as a modem. There's a thread in the Technical Support Blog link in my signature that explains how to use your device as a modems. Certain settings will be different based on your provider.

logosteel no está en línea Stack level 2
    you would be crazy to use this device as modem as the upload and download speeds would be that of dialup ISP

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by logosteel View Post
    you would be crazy to use this device as modem as the upload and download speeds would be that of dialup ISP
    No, you're not going to be doing a lot of web surfing or downloading of ginormous files, but there are times when this comes in quite handy.

For instance, they've closed off the wireless network at my company, so I can't access it from my personal laptop anymore. Instead, I fire up tethering on my BlackBerry and am able to send and receive e-mails and surf the web. Yes, it's definitely slower than broadband or DSL speeds, but it's not as bad as you'd think.

logosteel no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    No, you're not going to be doing a lot of web surfing or downloading of ginormous files, but there are times when this comes in quite handy.

For instance, they've closed off the wireless network at my company, so I can't access it from my personal laptop anymore. Instead, I fire up tethering on my BlackBerry and am able to send and receive e-mails and surf the web. Yes, it's definitely slower than broadband or DSL speeds, but it's not as bad as you'd think.
    True. I like my youtube so couldn't handle those speeds at all.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

delrahim69 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i was told 8350 cannot be tethered.