Hi All, I hope someone can help me out here as I'm at my wits ... BlackBerry Curve forum

FreeFall no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Question USB Woes

Advertisement

Hi All, I hope someone can help me out here as I'm at my wits end. I can normally fix most issues myself but this one really has me stumped...

Everything worked fine with my 8310 until about a week ago, when I went to charge it and it wouldn't work - I'd get the 'lightning bolt' for a few seconds and then it would disappear. This happened with both USB cable and wall charger. After a discussion with my provider (Vodafone UK) they shipped me a replacement unit and battery.

The new handset will charge fine from a wall charger but still no joy with USB. When I first used USB it told me that the device was unrecognised and/or there was a problem with the drivers but I get no confirmation at all now that I have even plugged a USB device in.

I have installed/re-installed the latest 4.7 Desktop Manager, tried various USB cables (including the 'official' one that came with the handset). Tried it on my desktop PC (XP) and laptop (Vista) but the outcome is always the same - there is no recognition from Windows that I have plugged in a USB device and the lightning bolt lights up briefly and then disappears...

If I connect up an old 8700 handset the USB charging and Windows connection work fine...

I'm not so bothered about the charging aspect but really want to a) use the Desktop Manager for backups etc. and b) upgrade the out-of-date firmware that came on the replacement handset.

So what's the opinion here? Is this handset duff as well?

Pulling my hair out,
    Nick

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    From what you're saying... Your new swt is bad... Get another replacement...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    First uninstall DM 4.7 and install 4.6.
    I had the charging issue on my 8120 with an extended battery until I upgraded my device OS. Now it works fine. Try that if you can get DM to work.

If that doesn't work then call for another replacement phone.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

FreeFall no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Thumbs up

Thanks for the help, just wanted to let you know that I ended up swapping out the handset again - this time everything was fine!

Cheers,
    Nick

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    glad it worked for ya freefall...

enjoy...
    i see RED...