Hi All, This is a weird one - I have used Desktop manager to sync ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

USB Device Not Recognized

Advertisement

Hi All,

This is a weird one - I have used Desktop manager to sync my 8320 before, and all has worked fine. I have been getting recently the "USB Device Not Recognized" error from windows when I plug in my 8320. It is the strangest thing. In the past when that happened I just unplugged the phone and tried it again, or did a battery pull and it would work. At this point, i can't get any computer to recognize the 8320, tried it on a different computer with a clean install of the latest Desktop Manager, and still the computer wouldn't recognize the 8320. Different USB Cables, the whole deal... TMo support hasn't been helpful, he was trying to tell me it was the cable when I tried to tell him i used 4 different cables while we were on the phone, but it didn't work and I got frusturated. Anyway, any ideas on how to fix this issue? Do you think its my computer or my 8320?

If its the 8320 and I need to replace it, any ideas if I can back up the device to the 1gb SD card in it? I dont want to loose the changes made since the last sync/backup.

Thanks in advance,
    David

simonminshall no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2068A03C

Re: USB Device Not Recognized

two ways. Install the 4.2 Desktop Manager. The Desktop Manager holds the usb.inf file needed to reconginize the device. Or, download the latest handheld code for the device, this yet again holds the inf file needed to recognize the device.
    Simon Minshall
    Mobile Data Consultant
    www.mobileguy.co.uk
    0844 8845474

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: USB Device Not Recognized

I have the latest desktop manager (4.2.2.14) on both computers I tried it on. My Mac won't even recognize the 8320 as a mass storage device when plugged in to it.

RB3tech® no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21E389A6

Question 8830/8800 USB Not Recognised.

I badly need your help. I tried already DM 4.2, 4.7..and 5.
    Why still my 8830&8800 can't connect?
    "USB Not Recognised"

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Have you done a clean uninstall of all things RIM/Blackberry from your computer? If not try doing that and then reloading DM 4.6 or 5. If you are not sure how to do a clean uninstall there is a how to in the helpful info link in my sig.