For some reason when I connect my BB 8320 TMO to my computer it wont ... BlackBerry Curve forum

s2kneSs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK

USB Connection

Advertisement

For some reason when I connect my BB 8320 TMO to my computer it wont recognize it. I can run DM just fine but if I want to access my BB files under "my computer" my BB wont show up. I even reformatted my computer to see if there was an issue on that end, and still no luck.

What could be causing this? If there is a solution to this I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks!

jonesjj no está en línea Stack level 3
    Make sure mass storage mode is turned on. Settings/media card, mass storage mode support on. Also auto enable mass storage mode to yes or prompt.

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesjj View Post
    Make sure mass storage mode is turned on. Settings/media card, mass storage mode support on. Also auto enable mass storage mode to yes or prompt.
    Thanks for your reply. I have tried that before, and I just tried it again. It still does not work. The strange thing about this is that it works just fine with DM. You know when you connect the USB it saids something along the lines of "is it ok to go into mass storage mode? if so you wont be able to access your media files" well, it doesn't say that anymore when I plug in the USB. It just charges.

(also, when I click on the BB device icon on the bottom right of my screen on my pc it brings up the settings and states which PIN is connected, and below that it saids that COM1 is disabled) I have tried to enable it by going into configuration but it doesn't give me an option to enable it)
    Last edited by s2kneSs; 12-18-2008 at 05:46 PM.

Have you done the simple solutions? Battery pull, remove and reinsert the media card etc. Does the phone recognize the media card?

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Have you done the simple solutions? Battery pull, remove and reinsert the media card etc. Does the phone recognize the media card?
    Yeah, I have tried uninstalling the OS/DM,Removing the battery/Media Card and no luck yet. I'm going to try and replace the media card with the one it came with (256MB) I know have a 4GB. Hopefully that works, if it does then There is an issue with my card.

Just tried switching the media cards and that doesn't work either. The only way for me to transfer files is through Roxio media manager... which is a lot slower. <_<
    Last edited by s2kneSs; 12-18-2008 at 11:18 PM.

Only other thing I can think of is have your berry format the memory card. Maybe one of the other stacker's might have an idea.

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Only other thing I can think of is have your berry format the memory card. Maybe one of the other stacker's might have an idea.
    Thats funny you mention that, I had to format it last night after transferring some pictures over to it... it gave me a "the media card has an error" message. So, I formatted the sd card and nothing yet. I think there might be an issue with my COM1 port because other than that I could use my DM and charge it with no problem... I am stuck with Roxio for now for my file transfers.

Thanks for your help on this, I appreciate it.

Do you have access to another computer? You could install the DM on another computer and see if it works. Also try different usb ports.

I just saw this post might want to give it a try.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...the_fix-96938/

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Thanks for the credit Jonesjj (Thats my Thread), and yes it works for sure with 8xxx. I had the same issue, fixed in a matter of seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Safiy View Post
    Thanks for the credit Jonesjj (Thats my Thread), and yes it works for sure with 8xxx. I had the same issue, fixed in a matter of seconds.

Glad I could point someone in the right direction. Good work on the fix.