Hello fellows. My 8320 is not recognized when connected by usb. I already tried uninstalling ... BlackBerry Curve forum

chopperhead no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

usb connection

Advertisement

Hello fellows. My 8320 is not recognized when connected by usb. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling DM 4.5 as suggested by one stacker. With this problem I can drag files to bb device though I can synchro via Dm. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I had an 8310 wih the same problem, but I never did get it to sync. A couple of things that you may try if you have not yet. If you have a media card, try taking it out and then hooking it up and see if there's any change. Also, just for the heck of it, put a factory theme on instead of a custom theme, if you have one now. I got around it by emailing stuff form my PC to my Curve and visa versa. Hope it helps some.

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    makes me wonder what the device manager says for the mass storage if that has been kicked off cause if it has the bb still will get picked up by the bb drivers its self 2 sets of drivers,

try this i will post it in steps - mass storage steps also if u look when the bb is pluged in i cant rem under what one is would be but i will see blackberry there im not at home and dont have my usb cable so i cant tell ya other wise i would of takin the mem card out pluged it in and told u where the bb driver is its self
    1.click start and right click on my computer go to properties
    2.when the system properties window opens click on hardware
    3.click on device manager
    4.look under disk drives make sure your bb is plugged in and do u see rim mass storage?
    5.if u dont its missing or got messed up, try plugging it into new usb slot see if it picks it up if it dont pick up then click on the disk drives cat and then look above u will see icons there will be a a computer screenone with magafineglass over it click that will search for it, also if u see it and it has a ! over it that means drivers did not install right or wrong ones so right click and go to update drivers go threw the windows and see if that helps

http://www.blackberry-report.com/InstallRimUsbXP.EXE

found that online note only for xp

PIN/ID
    Hi briana. I followed every step of the way but still my device is not recognized by my pc. I completed the installation of the rims driver alright but still no change. I even tried changing sd card and usb port to no avail. Although I can access the same sd if taken out of bb and inserted in a reader. Anyway thanks for the attention and will exten my patience til we find a solution. Have a nice weekend.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by chopperhead View Post
    Hi briana. I followed every step of the way but still my device is not recognized by my pc. I completed the installation of the rims driver alright but still no change. I even tried changing sd card and usb port to no avail. Although I can access the same sd if taken out of bb and inserted in a reader. Anyway thanks for the attention and will exten my patience til we find a solution. Have a nice weekend.
    Man crazy....

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Wonder if blackberry master control would pick it up...

PIN/ID
    Hi briana. This software finally solved usb connection problem. For all stackers with their bb device not being recognized by desktop nor by DM just download BB storage Activation new.rar (3.63 MB). I found this out from another forum. Really helps.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    hmm good to know and thanks for posting back that u got it working

PIN/ID
    Now that I can drag and drop files excel files appear garbled in bb. Do I need excel converter of sorts? Thanks for help again