Please everyone who could help me here, I will really appreciate it. It's 3:20 am ... BlackBerry Curve forum

aquariuz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24121BF4

URGENT! Did a Wipe n now DM will not recognize BB!!

Advertisement

Please everyone who could help me here, I will really appreciate it. It's 3:20 am right now n I am at my wit's end trying to resolve this issue.

So I was trying to update the OS on my BB 8300 with the latest one out. Downloaded n installed everything onto the pc n was ready to update the phone. And so I did a wipe with Jl_Cmder n then i got an error code 507 (which i read was normal). Then I ran Desktop Manager n connected the phone, but DM will not detect the phone watsoever. I have spent the last 3 hours searching the web n different forums n tried different methods but nothing works, DM will still not see the phone.

I am running DM 4.6 since DM 4.7 will not suggest an OS update is available n won't even find it. DM 4.6 was good but now won't detect.

Please, anyone who might have some radical methods or just by luck succesfully brought their BB back to live, please share it with me. I really need my phone as all my infos r in it.

btw, i am on vista X64. i dont know if it would be a problem (never had been for me before. Did many updates on it) but i will give it a try on XP (same PC, just dual boot). Hopefully, by God's will, I can get this running again

Please help me. I'd really appreciate any inputs.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    relaxxx, just take the battery out and run the update. once it starts to upgrade, pop the battery back in.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    i am going to bed, i really hope you get it figured out. if not please try contacting me via aim or email me (i keep my bb next to me, hopefully i will hear it)

glehman85
    gDOTlehman at liveDOTcom

please posrt if you figured it out on your own with what i do you to do, i like knowing if my advice helps or not, it brings me joy

somthinsim no está en línea Stack level 3
    are you still having the problem? If so try using what I did in your situation, http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...onnected-5178/

aquariuz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24121BF4
    somthinsim, yes i tried that. that is the guide i follow when i do an update.

Glehman, thanks alot for your offer n help. I stayed up till 4 n i succesfully figured out wat happened. Im not really sure if this was the issue, but i tried doing it on XP, n it WORKED!! hehe

yep, did everything on XP n everything worked out find. DM doesnt recognize my phone, but does acknowledged that there is a phone connected in the USB port. Tried using DM to install the OS but when it loads Boot Rom, it fails with a fatal error message. Then I tried running it from the loader.exe (under the folder appsloader) n it worked perfectly. I went to bed, n my mom woke me up at 6 about the phone, n by then everything is done.

Now the weird thing is, the backup that i did on vista, wont work as a restore in XP, kept saying DM could not recognize the file. So I went back to Vista, n it worked from there.

Note: This might be the issue as to why I wasnt able to install the OS after the wipe. After a wipe, it seems that windows does not recognize the phone anymore. Upon connecting it to the pc, vista will try to install a driver for it. vista will ask if u want to let vista find the best driver for it, just click yes. But after the installation is complete, go into device manager n check under the USB section dat the BB phone is recognized with no yellow exclamation mark next to it. if there is a mark next to it, right click on it n look for update driver n hopefully it will go away, n if it does, i believe DM will recognize the port connected to the phone. REmember, this might only be a vista issue. Hope this helps.

again, thnks to the both of u for trying to help me

nef584 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24127B3
    HEEEEEEELLLPPPP!!!! I just wiped my BB pearl 8100 and now my computer won't even recognize it. When I go to connection options in Desktop Manager only "none" and USB show up. No USB PIN comes up... What should I do? any help will be greatly appreciated. I downloaded OS 4.5 and desktop manager is 4.7.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    nef, follow the instructions up in post #2. If that doesn't get you going, there's a thread in the FAQ link in my signature on how to install an OS if your PC doesn't recognize the device. That thread has a lot more detailed instructions.

Are you on Vista or XP?

I'd also suggest you dump the 4.7 DM with an uninstall and load the 4.6 version. 4.7 does seem to have it's share of issues. If you decide to do that, this process could very well and probably will also remove the 4.5 OS from your PC, so check for that after the uninstall of DM.

Please post back with any questions!

We'll getcha back up and runnin'!

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

nef584 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24127B3
    Thanks guys. I was able to download 4.5 again but now my pearl is stuck on a white screen with the hour glass icon. Huhh? It's been like that for about 15 mins. Should I do a battery pull?

Hooooorrraahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S ALIVE!!!!!

Thanks again guys you are Blackberry Gurus...You ROCK!!!

Now to get rid of DM 4.7.
    Last edited by nef584; 02-05-2009 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Got my Pearl working again!!!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Let it load. This can take up to an hour. You should be good to go.