im trying to upgrade to OS 5.0 off link provided in thread on home page ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

URGENT IMMEDIATE HELP!

Advertisement

im trying to upgrade to OS 5.0 off link provided in thread on home page about 5.0(BlackBerry OS 5.0 to be released for existing devices starting this week? ). im stuck on step 10 (wait for device initialization). it says that this step may take up to 30 minutes to complete.....its been 3 hours. any reason why this might be taking so long?
    Last edited by Ekzt1nr; 10-26-2009 at 12:14 AM.

PIN/ID
    ask
    anyone?????

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    It shouldn't take that long. You may need to restart the process, but you will lose the backup it did at the start of the OS upgrade and will need to redownload your 3rd party apps. Hopefully you did another backup first so you can restore your data(messages/settings/contacts etc.).
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    sad news bro
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    It happens from time to time during an upgrade. If the PC still recognizes the device, I would just start the upgrade process again. If you run into problems again, I would suggest wiping the device with BBSAK or JL_Cmdr prior to the install to remove whatever is causing the hang-up.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    That happened to me.........I disconnected the device. An error message came up saying that a back-up file was created. I then re-connected the BB to the PC and ran the back-up utility in DM using the back-up file created by the loader program....

JaidedFocus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    262A279E
    I did the install on my wife's 8520 and it took forever at that last step. Basically, I took the battery out while the device was still connected to the USB and it came up within a few moments and completed the install. No error messages or anything. Phone seems to be working fine as well.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Any update on this? You get it working?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

I was wondering the same....what ended up happening?
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    ask
    I swear this has got to be my worse week ever! First, my track ball goes from bad to worse. I wasn't able to scroll with it n then I read that alcohol n a q-tip would fix this....but of course it didn't. After alcohol n q-tip my track ball was scrolling everywhere but when I pressed down on it, it would double click. Rite before I did the upgrade to 5.0 my track ball just didn't click at all. So I did the upgrade in hopes that it might fix my problem. So I go ahead n download the leaked 8900 5.0OS n I begin to install it. 20 minutes into it, my computer starts getting virus after virus after virus. I couldn't even open a web page up cuz it would block it. So I'm in the middle of this update getting bombarded by viruses n it slows my comp up soooo bad. I get to the final step n it just there forever. I was stuck on the last step for 4 hours. I tried n tried to get a web page going to contact ppl on pinstack for help n I finally did after an hour trying. I'm advised to disconnect n try again. So I disconnect n reboot my phone n it came back on with 5.0 (weird, I know). The only problem was that none of my contacts or anything was on my phone (like brand new all over again) due to being stuck on the last step which was to restore info. So I figure this would be easy, but of course *worse week ever*. So I open DM n it doesn't recognize my phone. No menu's show up, nuthing. So I figure I have to uninstall n reinstall DM. Great! So I take another hour trying to open up a web page (still being hit with viruses n for sum reason Norton can't defend). Finally get to blackberry.com n I start to download DM. Since my comp is slow..a 30 minute download turned into 3 hours (I am not kidding you). Finally got a working DM, I connect, look for my restore n due to the virus..I can't find. Mind you, I did a back up 3 days ago. Luckily, when I did that back up I figured I should back it up to this flash drive I have n so I did. So its now 5am n I have work in 3 hours n I'm in my home frantically looking for that damn flash drive...searched up n down n looked everywhere. After an hour searching I found it in my car. Lol. Forgot I took it out that same day. I do the restore of my info n of my apps n I was good to go. I haven't tried coming back here since I don't trust my comp. N since my track ball doesn't click down, I can't sign in to pinstack. So I had to download Bolt browser n I'm using that in the meantime (takes sum getting use to). As far as this phone goes.....getting a new one in a week. That's my story...of the best week ever! To top it all off..I stayed up thru the nite doing all of this n finished a little after 6am. Just in time to shower n leave for work. You can't imagine how long that day was. So far so good

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Oh WOW!!! Glad you are up and running and believe me, been there done that minus the virus. Sounds like a new trackball is in order but if your getting a new device I wouldn't worry about it to much. Keep us updated.

That's some craziness there! dang!
    Twitter? My Apps List

pipesfamily no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekzt1nr View Post
    I swear this has got to be my worse week ever! First, my track ball goes from bad to worse. I wasn't able to scroll with it n then I read that alcohol n a q-tip would fix this....but of course it didn't. After alcohol n q-tip my track ball was scrolling everywhere but when I pressed down on it, it would double click. Rite before I did the upgrade to 5.0 my track ball just didn't click at all. So I did the upgrade in hopes that it might fix my problem. So I go ahead n download the leaked 8900 5.0OS n I begin to install it. 20 minutes into it, my computer starts getting virus after virus after virus. I couldn't even open a web page up cuz it would block it. So I'm in the middle of this update getting bombarded by viruses n it slows my comp up soooo bad. I get to the final step n it just there forever. I was stuck on the last step for 4 hours. I tried n tried to get a web page going to contact ppl on pinstack for help n I finally did after an hour trying. I'm advised to disconnect n try again. So I disconnect n reboot my phone n it came back on with 5.0 (weird, I know). The only problem was that none of my contacts or anything was on my phone (like brand new all over again) due to being stuck on the last step which was to restore info. So I figure this would be easy, but of course *worse week ever*. So I open DM n it doesn't recognize my phone. No menu's show up, nuthing. So I figure I have to uninstall n reinstall DM. Great! So I take another hour trying to open up a web page (still being hit with viruses n for sum reason Norton can't defend). Finally get to blackberry.com n I start to download DM. Since my comp is slow..a 30 minute download turned into 3 hours (I am not kidding you). Finally got a working DM, I connect, look for my restore n due to the virus..I can't find. Mind you, I did a back up 3 days ago. Luckily, when I did that back up I figured I should back it up to this flash drive I have n so I did. So its now 5am n I have work in 3 hours n I'm in my home frantically looking for that damn flash drive...searched up n down n looked everywhere. After an hour searching I found it in my car. Lol. Forgot I took it out that same day. I do the restore of my info n of my apps n I was good to go. I haven't tried coming back here since I don't trust my comp. N since my track ball doesn't click down, I can't sign in to pinstack. So I had to download Bolt browser n I'm using that in the meantime (takes sum getting use to). As far as this phone goes.....getting a new one in a week. That's my story...of the best week ever! To top it all off..I stayed up thru the nite doing all of this n finished a little after 6am. Just in time to shower n leave for work. You can't imagine how long that day was. So far so good
    Noticed one BIG prolem through all that, GET RID OF NORTOPN, if u want a better anti-virus use a program called avast its free home edition and I has a running firewall that (unlike norton) actually works, its blocks 10 times as much as norton could ever dream of