Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi all. Im praying someone on the forums can help me out. I have an ... BlackBerry Curve forum

skj001 no está en línea Stack level 1

Urgent Help Required- Keyboard Doesnt Work!!

Advertisement

Hi all. Im praying someone on the forums can help me out. I have an 8310 that I have been using for about 5-6 months now.

Everything has worked perfectly. However, starting today, my keyboard just stopped being responsive... So essentially, when my phone starts up, i can scroll amongst the various icons, however, pushing the trackball doesnt register anything and none of the keyboard buttons register anything.

I can even see i am receiving incoming calls. However, there is no way to answer them as the answer key doesnt do anything. I cannot go into any menus or options...

I tried re-installing the device software to no avail. Still cannot get any input from the keyboard..

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Any solutions? Please do help out..

Thanks in advance...

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    did u get ur phone wet?
    Mike

it was in my gym bag today, but it didnt feel wet at all......

kennedy_84 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302403B0
    Your phone sounds pretty screwed...still under warranty?

PIN/ID
    friends
    well i think u should call the warranty people at att 18008011101
    Mike

no i bought it unlocked over the net... Anyone have any suggestion at all as what to do?

PIN/ID
    friends
    o over the net that sinks call att anyway and let them trouble shoot ur phone,its worth a try.good luck hopefully somebody else can help u here,they are kind people at pinstack.
    Mike

SIMPLYTERRI no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

zamboni_1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    This happend to me lastnight. Identical to what you said. Trackball wouldn't work and keyboard was acting up. If I typed the letter "m" it would register on the screen as "ed" all I did was take a can of compressed air and sprayed the keyboard and the trackball. Worked like a charm!

steve7 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just went through this with my 5 month old 8120 - I took it back to the store for a tech to look at and they had to replace the phone - it was totally fried - same thing you are talking about - the only way I could place a call was through voice mode - but I could not answer an incoming call - hopefully you have insurance through your provider - other wise break out the $400.00 bucks - good luck

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Quote Originally Posted by skj001 View Post
    it was in my gym bag today, but it didnt feel wet at all......

have you checked the water damage indicators on the battery?
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.

GD_2005 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ive had the same problem and im ready to through my curve out and buy an iphone

mrfidget no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it's possible that you have moisture build up in your phone if that is the case you could TRY putting it in a ziplock bag full of rice. This will dry out your phone. If if was water causing the incorrect contact that might solve the problem. If not then you might be screwed and fyi just because it didn't feel wet does NOT mean that it was not. Sometimes leaving a bb in a warm damp plcae can cause water vapor to form on the circuits. Hope this helps.

crazy_cajun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31b6fa46
    insurance claim might be your best hope or try a blackberry repair service there are several that should be able to repair it easily and cheaper than buying a new one.
    Einstein's theory of relativity. Grab hold of a hot pan, a second can seem like an hour. Put your hands on a hot woman, an hour can seem like a second. It's all relative.

riff_raff no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    26853B59
    Just thought I'd share this, but I had a Curve with some inoperative keys that I got to work again by simply backing off on of the screws that secured the keyboard to the motherboard by a quarter turn. Maybe it or the motherboard was warped but when it was fully tightened it wouldn't work. I don't know why- I'll leave that for the engineers to figure out but after reassembly it never gave problems again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast