Hi All, Potential Newbie here. I've read a tiny bit of this forum and have ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Beemie no está en línea Stack level 1

upgrading to 8330 from Treo650?

Advertisement

Hi All,

Potential Newbie here. I've read a tiny bit of this forum and have questions if you have a minute.

I have an older Treo 650 (Sprint PCS) which works pretty well for me. Although I try to avoid data/internet use because that is charged separtely to my bill. I recenlty learned that Boost Mobile (Sprint's mobile service) offers a voice and data plan wth the same monthly rate. So, I might as well switch over to Boost and use a 8330. It's not that I'm a Sprint fan, but it deos work in my nieghborhood and office.

Here are questions based on my favorite Treo features:

1 - Does the 8330 have a ringer/vibrate switch located on the phone's case?
    2 - Does the 8330 have Scientific Caluclator functions? Sine, Cos, Tan, etc.? And Unit coversions? Feet>Meters, Sq Ft > Sq M, etc.?
    3 - Memos - Is there a memos feature? (I store lists of helpful info. For example - I have a list of San Francisco restaurants open after 10pm.)
    4 - Does anyone know if the Calender appointments and thier reminder alerts will import? (I'm using Palm Desktop Version 6.2.2)
    5 - Does anyone know if the Contacts, associated notes, and birthday reminder alerts will import?
    6 - I assume that the importing process occurs through Blackberry Desktop software. After the BB software imports my contacts, calender, and memos, then I would sync with the BB phone. Is this correct?

Please let me know if you have a minute.

Thanks, Beemie

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey n the 8330 a pretty good phone n to let you know your answers here they are

1.It does have vibrate n ring n easy to switch

2.N yes it does have the calcuator to n more to you need to download from app world to get a good one

3.Yes it has a memopad so you can write all you want n save

4.I'm not sure on tat but you can put it in manually or you can save it on your computer n put it on the blackberry with bb manger

5.Uh not sure but you can tell the sprint reprensitve at your local store to switch the contacts from phone to phone so you won't have to go through the trouble they did it for me when I got mine n I had a old phone before

6.N for this I don't know wat u mean so idk

Hope I helped n good luck

Beemie no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi Studabaker,

Thanks for your kind reply. I have a few more questions.

1 - If you go to your contact list and open a contact for anyone (your friend, family member, etc.) does the contact "page/window" have a feild or box where you can enter the person's birthday?

2 - Can you set a reminder alert for the birthday?

3 - Does the contact have a place where you can enter notes for that person?

Pls le me know if you have a second.

Thanks again, Beemie

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Your welcome

N yes to all 3