Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I keep hearing about the new 4.5 and all the cool features it has..I really ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Ash07 no está en línea Stack level 3

upgrading help

Advertisement

I keep hearing about the new 4.5 and all the cool features it has..I really want to get it but I have atnt and they havnt released it yet nd I'm starting to think they never will so I'm thinking of installing it but I'm worried to because of all the bugs..and I've heard it takes it off the warrenty if u upgrade from some other carrier and I can't buy a new one..and I've heard bout SIM cards gettin fried...is anybody using a 4.5 for att 8310 that's worth the upgrade..

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    DO NOT UPGRADE DUDE! Wait til AT&T releases theirs. There are wayyyyyyy too many complaints with reference to the upgrade. This is the best advise i can give you.

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    Ash:

I have upgraded to every version of 4.5 and never fried my sim or bricked my bb. I have been using .69 for about 2 weeks with no issues. I actually think its the best release of the 4.5 for 8310 so far. Seems to be a tick faster. I have a lot of 3rd party apps loaded and they all work fine. No issues with facebook or any of the other posted app isues. Give it a shot. As long as you alway back up, you can downgrade if you don't like it. And if you brick it, jl commander works as advertised. I'm on ATT as well. Good luck.

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    ^ x2

Same here and I haven't had any issues at this point either.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If you don't have experience upgrading and don't really like to trouble shoot issues then I wouldn't upgrade. More the the latter reasoning though. If you like a stable OS the I wouldn't upgrade just yet.

There aren't that many features worth upgrading for.

Your choice though...good luck.

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    I had 4.5.0.55 now I have 4.5.0.69. They both work fine for me (every feature). Its faster, docs to go, youtube videos, better memory use, html email, video recording. 55 is official should work fine. 69 is beta it works fine for me also. I would give one a try if it doesn't work for you, you can always reinstall original os. PS I have a 8310 unlocked using tmo service. Also the only difference I noticed between 55 and 69 are the multiple default folders (different colors, apps, games folders, etc) and included with 69.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Safiy View Post
    I had 4.5.0.55 now I have 4.5.0.69. They both work fine for me (every feature). Its faster, docs to go, youtube videos, better memory use, html email, video recording. 55 is official should work fine. 69 is beta it works fine for me also. I would give one a try if it doesn't work for you, you can always reinstall original os. PS I have a 8310 unlocked using tmo service. Also the only difference I noticed between 55 and 69 are the multiple default folders (different colors, apps, games folders, etc) and included with 69.

where can i find .55 and .69 i might give it a try i will have to do it sooner or later i can just learn how to do it now so when the offical is here i will know...and when i back up my phone will it back up all my files lik i have gridmagic spreadsheet program and all my memos will they be safe if i downgrade ???

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Link to 55 http://members.a1.net/updateservice/bb/. You can find 69 torrents using google.

gots2beme no está en línea Stack level 3
    Use this link to find the latest OS for your phone. These are all official releases. .55 works just fine on my phone, haven't had any issues thus far. I'm on an AT&T 8310.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=86

gots2beme no está en línea Stack level 3
    This link provides step by step instructions on how to upgrade your OS...
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=76342

hayleyvanessa no está en línea Stack level 1
    where do i start if i want to upgrade i need really simple instructions as i find it hard to take it all in...i really want to change mine.

on the upgrade do you get more emotions ?
    can you click an watch youtube videos like you can on the bold ?
    what else is different ? x

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Yes you can watch youtube vids the links above will tell you everyrhing you need to know about upgrading.

hayleyvanessa no está en línea Stack level 1
    ok thanks

i have backed my files up but not sure what version i need to download to pc ?
    i have just downloaded version 4.5 desktop manager

so now what do i download OS 4.5 TO PC ?

IM CONFUSED

SOOO SCARED

Quote Originally Posted by hayleyvanessa View Post
    ok thanks

i have backed my files up but not sure what version i need to download to pc ?
    i have just downloaded version 4.5 desktop manager

so now what do i download OS 4.5 TO PC ?

IM CONFUSED

SOOO SCARED
    i just downloaded the desktop manager 4.6 it said to download the most recent....and after backing up the files just follow step 5 since its not our carrier we have to delet the vendor file then download

Firmware für BlackBerry 8310 - Version 4.5.0.55
    online seit 23-07-2008 - Download (77 MB | exe)

at

(http://members.a1.net/updateservice/bb/)

im just about to backup my bb now hope it all works out im scared too lol

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    It should work, in the event it doesn't go to your carriers web site d/l the os for your phone and reinstall it. Other than that follow the upgrade instructions posted in those links and enjoy 4.5 it's sweet!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast