Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey I finally upgraded from the Pearl to the Curve, and I must admit, I'm ... BlackBerry Curve forum

alin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31a241a4

Upgraded from Pearl to Curve

Advertisement

Hey I finally upgraded from the Pearl to the Curve, and I must admit, I'm not impressed yet. Since I've had it, I havent had the time, due to a family emergency, to really play with it.....I guess the excitement will kick in soon, lol

chsguyi69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215B74E3

Re: Upgraded from Pearl to Curve

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    With out a doubt. All small differences, but important in the more complete enjoyment and use. Keyboard alone helps. Better screen and camera. Also depending on your Curve model, wifi. Give it some adjustment time. Unless a better Blackberry hits the market this is the one for me.

gadgitgirl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK

I've upgraded from a pearl to curve and I really like the qwerty keyboard much better than pearl. The only downside I can think about is some apps that work for pearl don't for curve (yellowpages.com) An app that I really like. The berry411 is a very large app.

eduardog21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C7A2A

I agree with gadgitgirl all the way. I have the 8320 with T-mo and the querty keyboard and bigger size means my hands don't feel cramped when typing or trying to type in the Pearl's case.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

The more you play with it the more you're going to like it. Although I love the small size of the pearl, especially when sticking it in my handbag, the bigger screen, full keyboard, and better camera make up for it all. As you play with it I'm sure you will start to see the reason why people love it.
    ]

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Try some of these threads comparing the Pearl to the Curve and see what other Stackers have to say:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._vs_pearl.html
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._vs_pearl.html
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._to_curve.html
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...new_curve.html

No doubt for me coming from a Pearl there was no looking back once I got
    my Curve and I was very excited to get my 8310 and absolutely love it!
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

honestly, I don't think these 81/83 generations are very different. most of the differences are just personal preference (qwerty or suretype), and the pearl 2 will balance the scale of the small feature differences. I don't think the excitement is going to hit you. its not like going from a 7 series to an 87, or from an 87 to an 81/83.

bryanus no está en línea Stack level 2

I agree. I also "upgraded" from a Pearl to a T-mob 8320 and hve had it for about 3 weeks now. I do like the larger screen, but overall the most annoying thing is that I make about 10 times as many typos coming from the Pearl's syretype. See I just did it again. I used to have a Treo 650 and never had it this bad. For some reason ther qwerty keyboard os the Curve is really prone tp typos for me as you cab see. Normally I have to spend some time chewcking each message for typos before sending, which is a time waster. I tried the spellcheck but it's not "learning" my words like suretyoe did so that it doesn't detect the same word the next time.
    Other than that, I find the WiFi to be a battery waster and not very useful. UMA in theory is a great feature, but call and sound quality is not that great IMO.
    Another thing is the Media Player is horrific. The camera displays mage thumbnails faster than the Pearl, but that's about it. I was really hoping playing videos would be much better and easier to get videos in the right format to play, but the BB is very picky and coming from a Mac itKs just not very easy to get working.

As much as I hate not having a tactile keyboard on the iPhone, I think it may be next device if a new version comes out this Summer.

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

sadeea80 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have also upgraded from the tmo pearl to the curve and I like it for the most part. I am having a problem with downloading themes has anyone else had this problem?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

I was going to upgrade to either the 8320 (which seems to have one of the best reviews of all cell phones) or the 8120 simply for the wi-fi but, the more I read about it from you guys who have one the wi-fi is not THAT great. I thought at 1st that I might use it to improve internet access speed over EDGE speed - that apparently isn't there. The call quality and auto switch capabilities were both reviewed to be excellent and apparently that isn't necessarily THAT great either. So...I'm waiting for some better reason to upgrade from my 8100 which seems to be a pretty workable phone after 6 months of use.

My BB before the Pearl was the 7130e - I liked it too. It took me a while to actually like the Pearl size and trackball better than the 7130. I actually liked the wheel better except that it seemed slower to respond than the track ball. I hope that BB will come out with streaming video soon so that I can use it to download pod and video casts. I really like BB's a lot and that feature would call for an immediate upgrade for me.

I welcome comments if anyone disagrees
    Love PinStack - love BB's!
    Thanks,
    jb

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

I found the full keyboard and excellent camera enough of a reason to upgrade for me. It all comes down to personal needs. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Of course to each his or her own...I actually like the sure-type system but the 8100 keyboard is smaller than the 7130 and I don't have the smallest fingertips on the block. I wouldn't mind a larger screen but I like the smaller handset well enough to squint a little I guess.
    jb

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5

Upgraded from my Pearl to Curve after less than a month with Pearl. I can't get enough with the Pearl 'tiny' screen. It was a good move and never have i regretted it

sadeea80 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i look forward to the streaming capacity hopefully in the future

EB
    EB no está en línea Stack level 3

The Curve is far superior to the Pearl when it comes to text messaging and screen space.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast