I recently upgraded to 4.5.0.77 (from Blackberry.com on my Telus 8330) and I have noticed ... BlackBerry Curve forum

JPeplow no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    302313E7

Upgraded to 4.5.0.77... and have noticed a few issues

Advertisement

I recently upgraded to 4.5.0.77 (from Blackberry.com on my Telus 8330) and I have noticed a couple of issues. Lately my battery life has been awful! I do use it a lot (about 20-30 emails per day, significant messenger usage, and 1-2 hours of phone usage perday). I was used to having to charge it every night, but lately I've noticed that a 10 minute phone call through bluetooth drains more than half my battery! I have to drive around with the phone constantly charging so the battery won't die in between car trips. Also I have to pull the battery every couple of days because the phone just totally bogs down, and I end up with 4-6 minutes of the hourglass everytime I switch between applications. The GPS in blackberry maps simply will not connect now (it was sketchy with the old OS, but it would usually eventually connect). And I noticed that my standard version of documents to go is missing sheets to go. I have Word to go and Slide to go, but no sheets to go, and when I try to upgrade through the dataviz site to the most recent version, I get an error and it will not upgrade.

Any ideas?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    For the docs to go upgrade, try this, go to the dataviz site and choose the upgrade and when the usuall BB download screen shows up hit menu/add bookmark and bookmark the download link. Then delete docstogo from your BB, reboot and then go to the bookmarked link and download. That should get rid of your error.

As far as battery goes, unless you have added a new app that updates frequently you shouldn't see that drastic a change unless your battery just happens to be dieing on you. I used .77 and had no battery issues.

For the hourglassing issue, I suggest downloading the free app QuickPull. Just click the icon or schedule a reboot for later in the day. Maybe get in the habit of rebooting before your shower in the AM or right when you go to bed at night. I have found that the newest beta .119 has helped with reducing the hourglass for me. Also check to see how much stuff is running in the background.

I find that the GPS works better for me on my Alltel 8330 if I have BBmaps running in the background. But that drains your BB too, having two programs open. For me though the cell location is just as accurate most of the time in my area......

Hope some of this helped
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

JPeplow no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    302313E7
    Thanks, I was able to update my Docs to go using the method that you suggested and it worked! As far as I know there isn't anything running now that wasn't running before the upgrade, maybe the battery is dying on me (although the phone is less than a year old). Actually just deleting my old Docs to GO, downloading the update, and installing it zapped 65% of my battery! I will try that app you suggested and see if it helps with the hourglass. Thanks!

If the phone was bought new, go to the carrier store and have them exchange it for a new battery, I know my carrier will exchange if within a year, not sure if they all do, but try it. Glad the docs to go trick worked for you Keep us posted on the battery issue and if you need anything else just holla!
    Twitter? My Apps List

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42
    Try another update, I have 4.5.97 and have no problems with battery.

iKevin09 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    302CC0D6
    The version that I'm using 4.5.0.119 and I'm roaming a lot more, getting kicked off of BIS (Turning from 1XEV to 1x) and getting weaker Sprint signal. I think I'm going to downgrade. But I really love the HTML emails and DocsToGo built in.

PIN/ID
    319CCF42
    I have 4.5.0.97 and it is stable, i am also on Sprint

PIN/ID
    302CC0D6
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    I have 4.5.0.97 and it is stable, i am also on Sprint
    I'm running Sprint's Pre-Release (apparently). Is the 4.5.0.97 Alltel's release?

PIN/ID
    319CCF42
    yes i think so, I will post the link in few

PIN/ID
    302CC0D6
    Hmm. I remember download Alltell's version and during the installation it says that the Installation Wizard was interrupted and can't continue. It also says that I need to try to again later. So far it's been like this, for at least 5 times. So I just deleted it.

joek71 your link post was moved to the beta discussion thread.

To all, please keep all beta discussions there. The latest official version for the 8330 is 4.5.0.89 at the moment, anything higher is beta and should be discussed there. Thanks
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    319CCF42
    sorry wont happen again

Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    sorry wont happen again
    No worries I was just lettin' you know where your post went and why