Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So I upgraded to the newest OS (at least I think it's the newest OS ... BlackBerry Curve forum

NY_ROCKSTAR no está en línea Stack level 1

upgraded to 4.5.0.77 - keyguard/mute issue. (help)

Advertisement

So I upgraded to the newest OS (at least I think it's the newest OS for Verizon) and besides the fact that it seems to SLOW my phone down, and there's a short pause before the calls get answered, the MUTE button on the top of the phone no longer engages the keyguard.

This was a feature that I REALLY want back.

I am hoping the slow/weird call issues can be fixed with an update - but they keyguard - is there a way to re-set that?

Thanks in advance for any response you can give me.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    what do you mean by "engages the keyboard"? the top button puts the phone in standby and pressing again takes it out of standby
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

it says engages the keyguard - not keyboard. and it no longer does that since I upgraded.

That was a feature that I loved. and I am looking for a way to get it back.

standby - keyguard - same difference.. but it no longer does it. Since the upgrade.

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    huh?? Isnt keyguard the lock feature? standby and lock are two different things. The difference with keyguard is that it has to be manually unlocked, you can actually unlock the standby feature by taking the phone out the holster or receiving a call. With keyguard you can still receive a call but the phone will not unlock, unless you manually unlock it by pressing the unlock icon or password if its protected.

Or maybe youre talking about the 7100i, but not the curve..
    Last edited by Charlie Hustle; 11-14-2008 at 04:09 PM.

ok you guys are over-analyzing this.

The bottom line - the mute button used to cause the phone to go into standby mode - if that's the term that makes everyone at ease.

Now - after upgrading the OS - it no longer does that.

I was wondering HOW to re-assign the MUTE button - to cause it to work again - as a standby activation key.

I hope that is clear.

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    it still does... trust me..

it certainly doesn't

I've tried re-booting, I've held the button for a minute straight, and still nothing.

but thanks for the fantastic advice.

kamelwithak no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20E127A8
    Well my phone does go to stand by but I feel you with the slowing down and that daym pause everytime I answer ther phone people are like hello wtf was that so I hope they fix that~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    I definitely hear you on the pause, seems like it can be as much as 6 or 7 seconds. I'm pretty surprised Verizon with this OS, I had it before during it's beta, and it seems just as bad as that version. Hopefully they'll be fixing that soon, I'd rather wait for fixes then deal with a sub-par OS.

glacialbass no está en línea Stack level 1
    I too have had the issue with using the mute button to put the phone into standby. I have to pull the battery every time it stops working and then all is good for a week or so. I agree, it is very annoying.

I found that after a reboot it didn't fix it - but then after I reinstalled Beyond411 - and then rebooted - it seems to be working. But it's still glitchy. Sometimes - When I come out of the standby mode - it locks up - and won't let me do anything - I have to wait for it to go back to standby - and then try again.

Overall - I honestly wish I never updated the OS - I don't see ANY improvements AT ALL.

glacialbass no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_ROCKSTAR View Post

Overall - I honestly wish I never updated the OS - I don't see ANY improvements AT ALL.
    HTML email is the only thing that I really see as a benefit of 4.5 so far.

misterrx no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    Quote Originally Posted by glacialbass View Post
    HTML email is the only thing that I really see as a benefit of 4.5 so far.
    The html enail is awsome and the only reason I have not downgraded to 4.3 again.
    The pause or lack of call connecting is absurd, foolish and verizon should be ashamed they did not go to .97 or better upgrade with the fixes

misterrx no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_ROCKSTAR View Post
    ok you guys are over-analyzing this.

The bottom line - the mute button used to cause the phone to go into standby mode - if that's the term that makes everyone at ease.

Now - after upgrading the OS - it no longer does that.

I was wondering HOW to re-assign the MUTE button - to cause it to work again - as a standby activation key.

I hope that is clear.

I am sorry we have not come up with a solution for you. My mute and standby button functions as normal. There is a setting in the os to lock on standby. That may be your issue or fix. If I can fint the place to do this, I will repost or send pm

AJKinthaD no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    319F58ED
    NY Rockstar -

sry if this hasnt resolved yet, let me tell ya what i do for keyboard lock, i have always used the left side convienence key for the keyboard lock initialization, i just found it easier cause i never used the voice dial , and it is easy cause of the way i grab and holster the phone , just a thought that may help make things easier
    - Andy -
    "it is what it is"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast