So yesterday i decided to go back to my blackberry and thought it would be ... BlackBerry Curve forum

c0de no está en línea Stack level 2

upgrade to OS 5.0 not working!

Advertisement

So yesterday i decided to go back to my blackberry and thought it would be a great opportunity to upgrade it from 4.6 to 5.0 since it has nothing on it yet.

I downloaded 5.0 and deleted vendor.xml, ran loader.exe.. it went through the motions.. but when it was done and the phone restarted it still had 4.6.. I tried it a couple of times, it would say successful, but then the phone would still say it's 4.6.. i finally downloaded another 5.0 from another carrier, only to find the same issue..

any ideas to what might be causing the problem?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Is the 4.6 OS still installed on your PC? If so, try uninstalling that first. Also, you might want to consider wiping the device prior to loading the 5.0. Download BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) and use that to wipe your device.

I made sure 4.6 wasn't installed on my PC, (i do have desktop manager, dunno if that makes any difference)
    I'll try wiping my device with BBSAK.

DM shouldn't make a difference. You can also use BBSAK to load the OS. This latest version will actually prompt you for which OS to install, so try loading the OS through BBSAK as well (which basically uses the loader.exe).

Thanks Roger! I dunno what was going on, but after wiping the phone by BBSAK I now have different options when i run the loader.. it is upgrading as we speak.

Cool. Keep us posted!

upgraded. rocking 5.0 now.. still a bare phone with no apps but it seems solid.

again thanks for the advice.

Congrats! What device do you have, anyway?

8900, Cincinnati Bell's version (same as T-Mobile) hoping that they make a Torch equivalent for t-mobile soon (I understand they can't just port the Torch since it was a collab with ATT rather than RIM on its own, like the Storm)

Bbarycurve no está en línea Stack level 1
    I do face same problem and solve it by installing BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife then restart it.