I currently have 4.5.0.51 on my 8330 and I have already downloaded the latest version ... BlackBerry Curve forum

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3

Upgrade to new version of OS

Advertisement

I currently have 4.5.0.51 on my 8330 and I have already downloaded the latest version 4.5.0.66. My question regards to upgrading to the newest version. Should I downgrade back to 4.3 first and delete .51 off of my PC or just install .66 and let it upgrade over .51? I know there is a possibility that the official release is right around the corner. Could I be wasting my time and just wait for the official one?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    You'll probably have to either wipe your BB or downgrade and then upgrade. .51 and .66 will be considered the same releases to DM. Backup 1st whatever choice you make!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2
    Nope I just downloaded the new version ran it and it works fine and yes I have CDMA. One thing I noticed is with .51 I would get the hourglass alot but I have with this. Also I had a huge, huge memory leak issue and my memory jumped through the roof when I installed .66.

mdh00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    .66 is awesome enough for me to make my first post. Running on CDMA as well here. No need to wait for the official release. No problems noted except for losing my saved GPS locations with sprint GPS. Now if Sprint would give us MMS I would be ecstatic. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am trying to decide if I want to upgrade or wait. Right now, it looks like I will be waiting for the official release. I have all of the features of the upgrade and I don't have any issues with .51 so I will probably wait.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Sounds like a sage decision, Taco!

Quote Originally Posted by jpellett View Post
    any ideas where to aquire said CDMA .66? pin me 30284642
    You'll have to google "4.5.0.66" and find it yourself as it is against forum rules to post or solicit links for beta software releases.

jpellett no está en línea Stack level 1
    Okie dokie, I didn't relize I could not ask. I understand now thanks for letting me know
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by jpellett View Post
    Okie dokie, I didn't relize I could not ask. I understand now thanks for letting me know
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    No worries! Now you know! Good luck!

Roger