Results 1 to 9 of 9

I currently have 4.5.0.51 on my 8330 and I have already downloaded the latest version ... BlackBerry Curve forum

  1. #1
    04Taco's Avatar
    04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    113

    Upgrade to new version of OS

    Advertisement



    I currently have 4.5.0.51 on my 8330 and I have already downloaded the latest version 4.5.0.66. My question regards to upgrading to the newest version. Should I downgrade back to 4.3 first and delete .51 off of my PC or just install .66 and let it upgrade over .51? I know there is a possibility that the official release is right around the corner. Could I be wasting my time and just wait for the official one?

  2. #2
    jblackfish's Avatar
    jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,116
    You'll probably have to either wipe your BB or downgrade and then upgrade. .51 and .66 will be considered the same releases to DM. Backup 1st whatever choice you make!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

  3. #3
    popo341's Avatar
    popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    PIN/ID
    329249D2
    Posts
    247
    Nope I just downloaded the new version ran it and it works fine and yes I have CDMA. One thing I noticed is with .51 I would get the hourglass alot but I have with this. Also I had a huge, huge memory leak issue and my memory jumped through the roof when I installed .66.

  4. #4
    mdh00's Avatar
    mdh00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    87
    .66 is awesome enough for me to make my first post. Running on CDMA as well here. No need to wait for the official release. No problems noted except for losing my saved GPS locations with sprint GPS. Now if Sprint would give us MMS I would be ecstatic. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  5. #5
    04Taco's Avatar
    04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    113
    I am trying to decide if I want to upgrade or wait. Right now, it looks like I will be waiting for the official release. I have all of the features of the upgrade and I don't have any issues with .51 so I will probably wait.

  6. #6
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    Sounds like a sage decision, Taco!

  7. #7
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    Quote Originally Posted by jpellett View Post
    any ideas where to aquire said CDMA .66? pin me 30284642
    You'll have to google "4.5.0.66" and find it yourself as it is against forum rules to post or solicit links for beta software releases.

  8. #8
    jpellett's Avatar
    jpellett no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11
    Okie dokie, I didn't relize I could not ask. I understand now thanks for letting me know
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  9. #9
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    Quote Originally Posted by jpellett View Post
    Okie dokie, I didn't relize I could not ask. I understand now thanks for letting me know
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    No worries! Now you know! Good luck!

    Roger

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •