Sorry if this has been posted before - my search couldn't find anything appropriate. I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3

Upgrade T-Mobile Curve to latest 4.5 OS?

Advertisement

Sorry if this has been posted before - my search couldn't find anything appropriate.

I just bought a new T-Mobile 8320, and it has the official T-Mobile 4.5 OS on it (.81 I think). I noticed the latest build of 4.5 is .110 with the AT&T version.

Is there any advantage to upgrading to the .110 version, since this one came with the .81 preinstalled?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    The latest official offered for the 8320 is .124. You can find it stickyed at the top of the 8320 thread. I would give you a link but I am wap. Its the last one in the list. There probably won't be much difference the newer one may just be a little more stable.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Oh, okay - thanks. The only reason I asked was that since this is a new phone, it might make sense to upgrade before I start setting it up and installing apps. I know the upgrade process still works and keeps all the apps, etc. (it did on my Pearl), but I figured it might still be better to upgrade first.

Or put simply, if you had a brand new Curve that was at .81 with T-Mobile, would you upgrade to .124 or just keep it as is?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I myself would upgrade to the newest Official OS available. Did you find the thread I was talking about? If not I can give you a link.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I'd upgrade... Most of the time an upgrade is better... Occasionally they tond turn out so good... But I think you should...

moderncowboy: - yes, I found the thread. In fact, I had downloaded the .110 version before buying the Curve, thinking it might still be on 4.2 (I didn't notice the .124 at the time). Then I bought the curve and found it was at 4.5 but the .81 T-mobile "official" release, and that prompted this thread.

Thanks both of you for your opinions - I think I'll install the upgrade then!
    Last edited by NickAC; 02-21-2009 at 10:00 PM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Good luck and if you have any issues or questions just post back.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Lol... advice n suggestions are free... enjoy... Let us know how it goes for ya...