Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i am looking to up grade me blackberry curve 8330 os from 2.3 to 4.5 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mbadgett no está en línea Stack level 1

upgrade os to 4.5 curve 8330

Advertisement

i am looking to up grade me blackberry curve 8330 os from 2.3 to 4.5 with out any cost the only isue is my carrier did not release it yet where may i get it

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Well, the updates for the OS are always free. But as of right now, there are no official released versions of 4.5 available for the 8330. There were a couple released by carriers, but then pulled, I'm guessing because there were still too many issues. But keep checking PinStack, we post links as soon as a new official release is found.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

pshift no está en línea Stack level 3
    There are two releases out there, from MTS (pulled) and from another carrier. 4.5.0.66 is available as a release directly from another carrier and 4.5.0.77 (running now on my 8330) can be found with a little diligence as an internal release directly from RIM.

As to where to get them ...

Quote Originally Posted by pshift View Post
    There are two releases out there, from MTS (pulled) and from another carrier. 4.5.0.66 is available as a release directly from another carrier and 4.5.0.77 (running now on my 8330) can be found with a little diligence.
    From what carrier, are you talking about the .66 release for US Cellular? That one was pulled too......
    Twitter? My Apps List

privax no está en línea Stack level 3
    US Cellular's 4.5 software was pulled as well.

I'm currently using .77 but I've noticed a bug where anytime you take a picture and it uses the flash automatically in a dark area the picture doesn't actually come out.. just a plain white screen.. and then when you try to go into your photo album to open the picture it won't open and even doesn't display a thumbnail.

I don't know if this is true with .59 MTS Mobility.. but I know two bugs with MTS is that the GPS was working pretty slow and not responding quickly enough when turs were coming and anytime you played BrickBreaker with the volume turned on the phone would restart.

I'm about to go back to the Sprint official release untill these bugs are worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by privax View Post

I'm currently using .77 but I've noticed a bug where anytime you take a picture and it uses the flash automatically in a dark area the picture doesn't actually come out.. just a plain white screen.. and then when you try to go into your photo album to open the picture it won't open and even doesn't display a thumbnail.
    Really, I'm using .77 on my 8330 and I just tested the picture with flash in the dark and it worked just fine.

Also GPS works great both with BB Maps and Telenav and Brickbreaker works with sound. I have found this to be very stable and every application I use has worked with it so far . But I've only had it for 3 days, I may still run into something buggy.
    Twitter? My Apps List

privax no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm just going back to 4.3 from Sprint for now.. finding certain bugs when you're in the middle of trying to do something is kind of a bit annoying and on top of that Facebook doesn't work with 4.5. You don't get any notifications.

I'm not a facebook user, so I havent messed with that. Well, so far I'm lovin this release, hopefully I won't run into any issues, so far I've had none.
    Twitter? My Apps List

adam.graves no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    319F7C33
    How do I load the new os onto my burry after I download it? Just sync it again? Sorry for the lame question~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rweckhoff no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am running .77 on my VZW 8330 and Facebook runs just fine (including receiving notifications).

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by privax View Post
    I'm just going back to 4.3 from Sprint for now.. finding certain bugs when you're in the middle of trying to do something is kind of a bit annoying and on top of that Facebook doesn't work with 4.5. You don't get any notifications.
    You may want to do a backup, wipe the BB and reload the OS. Then do a selective restore of the apps and databases. It sounds like you have a corrupt installation of the 4.5 if in fact you are actually running the .77 version.

I have been running the .77 since it was first out and have had none of the issues you state. As a matter of fact I have found it very stable, uses less memory, less battery and all the apps I have tried so far have worked.

I have seen camera issues and memory problems with .66 which is why I ask you to verify which version your running.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    I had the MTS and am running USCC and have not noticed any problems for me yet. I love Docs to go. Would be nice for a final that is not pulled but, till then will keep getting the new oned that come out.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

iamgeniusrnti no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am running the .51 for Sprint and it runs like a champ. I haven't discovered a single bug. Not sure why they just don't go official.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Quote Originally Posted by iamgeniusrnti View Post
    I am running the .51 for Sprint and it runs like a champ. I haven't discovered a single bug. Not sure why they just don't go official.
    I have it on my telus 8330 and on my telus 8830. Works fine 4 me. .77 was slow imo.

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    im going to have to try .77 i had .69(i think i know it was .6 something) and it sucked
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Insert catchy phrase here..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast