I just recently bought a 8GB MicroSDHC card for my curve and it read fine ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Rockwell no está en línea Stack level 3

Upgrade OS

Advertisement

I just recently bought a 8GB MicroSDHC card for my curve and it read fine but after i formatted it on my pc it only read at 3.7GBs. Was wondering if maybe upgrading my OS on my phone would help. If not i would still like to know how to do it for future reference. Any and all help greatly appreciated.I need for TMO
    Last edited by Rockwell; 04-03-2008 at 07:45 PM.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    I BELIEVE the Curve currently only supports 4GB micro SDs, which is possibly why this is happening.

Have you tried formatting it on the Curve?

ima try that, but it read before

It read all 8GB on the Curve before?

yup, now even after format on curve it only show 4

Yea, I believe for now the Curve can only support 4GB cards. If you format it on the computer and check the size on your PC, it should say 8GB.

daveyboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Don't know if this applies with 8gb cards but its a try at least
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...t_to_work.html
    Proud owner of a 8700g and a 8320

Thx ima try it

skaii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242DEE39
    I currently have an 8 GB card in my Curve 8320 and it works fine. I even read on the BlackBerry site: "The BlackBerry Curve smartphone accepts microSD cards; the amount of storage is determined by card capacity. May be sold separately." So I bought an 8 Gig since it didn't say anything about a limit of 4....

I'll share what I did to see if that will help you get your 8 Gig working. First, I backed up all my music and pictures from my old 1 GB card (of course). Then what I had to do was hook my Curve up to my computer with the 8 GB card inside, format the card on my computer while it was in the BB, then when the format was complete, I manually add a folder named "blackberry" back on it. After that, I moved all my music and such to the card memory and restarted the Curve.

The memory allotment on the Curve reads 4 GB though, but every time I hook it up to the computer, it reads 8 GB, and I have over 5 GB of videos and music on it and they all work fine. Unless I'm just lucky, you should still have all your memory available to you, it just won't read accurately.

Hopefully, they fix this with a nice Curve software update. Hope this helps!
    Hi. :D

Quote Originally Posted by skaii View Post
    I currently have an 8 GB card in my Curve 8320 and it works fine. I even read on the BlackBerry site: "The BlackBerry Curve smartphone accepts microSD cards; the amount of storage is determined by card capacity. May be sold separately." So I bought an 8 Gig since it didn't say anything about a limit of 4....

I'll share what I did to see if that will help you get your 8 Gig working. First, I backed up all my music and pictures from my old 1 GB card (of course). Then what I had to do was hook my Curve up to my computer with the 8 GB card inside, format the card on my computer while it was in the BB, then when the format was complete, I manually add a folder named "blackberry" back on it. After that, I moved all my music and such to the card memory and restarted the Curve.

The memory allotment on the Curve reads 4 GB though, but every time I hook it up to the computer, it reads 8 GB, and I have over 5 GB of videos and music on it and they all work fine. Unless I'm just lucky, you should still have all your memory available to you, it just won't read accurately.

Hopefully, they fix this with a nice Curve software update. Hope this helps!
    right now im testing, i formatted on my pc then put it in bb, transferring videos looks like its gonna work, thx for all help from all

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Good to know, will try now. I had my 8GB sitting in a safe place for 2 months now. I hope this works for me.

Thanks!

EDIT: I did what you said, but on my computer while the 8GB is in my BB it still reads 4GB.
    Last edited by HeavyComponent; 04-10-2008 at 08:21 PM.

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Does 4.5 Support the 8GB?

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D

Yes the 4.5 will support the 8GB. Just that some people got there 4.2 to read the 8GB.

volkanerkan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252B8E82
    "The BlackBerry Curve smartphone accepts microSD cards; the amount of storage is determined by card capacity. May be sold separately."

as told above...