Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by stuntfoto now how do i rollback / downgrade Uninstall the 4.3 OS ... BlackBerry Curve forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by stuntfoto View Post
    now how do i rollback / downgrade
    Uninstall the 4.3 OS from your PC, download and install the 4.2 OS, connect your device to the PC and launch DM. Should prompt you for the downgrade.

If the OS is not from your carrier, then you'll need to delete the vendor.xml file from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader.
    Last edited by RogerG; 10-23-2008 at 09:10 AM.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    So my issue is seeing double entries for hundreds of contacts.
    If you are seeing double entries for your contacts, you have a completely separate issue then what is being discussed.

You either need to remove your address book entries through the DM or go into address book options and tell it not to allow duplicate entries and see if that resolves your issue.

~via wap.pinstack.com~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    If you are seeing double entries for your contacts, you have a completely separate issue then what is being discussed.

You either need to remove your address book entries through the DM or go into address book options and tell it not to allow duplicate entries and see if that resolves your issue.

~via wap.pinstack.com~
    what he did was put the company name in the last name section as well as the company name section as a workaround for his mapquest program,thus showing the double entries.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

vdiddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    ok. In the address book, under options, you know how you can set a separter...lines, stripes or none? Well, when click lines, it works fine, but when I choose stripes, it shows nothing. Does anyone know how to fix that? It also does this in my message list. Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question.

galavanter no está en línea Stack level 3
    Stripes just alternates the background of each entry from white to a subtle light powder blue.You don't get that? If not, I'm not the expert, but a os reinstall would seem called for, if a battery pull didn't help.
    Last edited by galavanter; 10-23-2008 at 07:17 PM.

MissMayhem no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down

I have to agree - the double spaced address book is absolutely ridiculous.....
    Those of you who don't use it....not really sure why you are even saying something. Of course it doesn't bother you if you don't use it...

An UPGRADE should make something easier, more efficient or more pleasing to use. In this case they traded...a true upgrade would have provided the new view as an option.
    To suggest that it is a fair trade for the other features is non-sense. They are completely unrelated apps...

It IS MY PHONE - I paid $400...I should be able to list my contact any way I want...suggesting I settle for it because it is not that useful to you makes zero sense. If I have to type out 5-6 letters to find a name in an address book, I have already entered/clicked more keys than it would have been just for me to memorize the phone number. Add scrolling to that ... and the "speed"/"ease" of looking up a number just became a DOWNGRADE!

The worst part about this UPGRADE...is if you happen to have a company name entered for a contact---the screen looks even worse! I have one thing to say that could clear this whole thing up.........COLUMNS.

sjs432 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Any idea when they r 2 fix this bug? Besides downgrade is there another workaround?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

stuntfoto no está en línea Stack level 1
    Im just gonna go ahead and bump this after a year (now own 2 of these phones downgraded to 4.2 OS) and see maybe someone figured out a way to get rid of the blank space without downgrading the OS... Miss Mayhem, I agree with you 110%, it was my reason for starting this thread in the first place.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123