Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To each their own, for me to see more contacts, I use my trackball and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Advertisement

To each their own, for me to see more contacts, I use my trackball and scroll down. Typically, I never even have to scroll through contacts, I type the first two or three letters of that contact and all of this becomes a moot point.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

galavanter no está en línea Stack level 3
    Something something tells tells me me you you don't don't have have both both company company and and last last name name in in most most of of your your contacts contacts. Cause cause if if you you did did you you might might not not want to to read read everything everything twice twice. It it takes takes twice twice as as long long you you know know.

stuntfoto no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    But it is a little disconcerting, when one has hundreds of contacts, to see double rows for each, and a waste of screen space.

Ive actually been messing with it for about a day and a half now and i don't like it one bit. I could understand the feature if indeed there was a company name. Then it should be listed... But if there is NO company name, then the white space in between should not be there. The 2nd line should only appear when data is actually present in the field.

Like i said i have over 300 contacts, usually i enter the first letter or two and that gets me close enough.. can you imagine typing in MA and seeing Mandy,Manie, Marc, Marissa, Mark, Matt, Matthew O, Max, I have two pages of MA's this waste of space is unbearable.

I'm officially calling it a glitch in the phone. Once more the company name (2nd line) should only appear when the field has data in it. Blank lines in the add. book don't appear on any other phone in the world. Furthermore there are NO options for the add. book other than the sort feature, no themes, no styles, no fonts, no icons, no pictures or true categories to list by. My old Motorola RAZR had more phonebook options than this curve does.

This is an example of how cell PHONES are becoming LESS of a Voice PHONE and more of a text magnet. The developers have forgot about us VOICE users...

I could care less about video recording, sound notes, maps are usefull but indeed are available in 4.2.2.18

Can anyone verify that 4.2.2.18 the most recent firmware to have the old address book style without double spaces?

P.s. im not bashing the phone i love my curve. I just think these updates need to be a little bit more thought out...

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    To each their own, for me to see more contacts, I use my trackball and scroll down. Typically, I never even have to scroll through contacts, I type the first two or three letters of that contact and all of this becomes a moot point.
    bingo
    i rarely look at my addy book
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

4.2.2.18 is the most recent for Curve without the double lines. I'm running it now.

It's also the last to have a speaker that is loud enough to hear in my vehicle.

Now here come the people who don't use the speaker to tell me it doesn't matter.
    Last edited by galavanter; 10-22-2008 at 11:53 PM.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Something something tells tells me me you you don't don't have have both both company company and and last last name name in in most most of of your your contacts contacts. Cause cause if if you you did did you you might might not not want to to read read everything everything twice twice. It it takes takes twice twice as as long long you you know know.
    still not understanding the problem. it lists first name,last name and on the second line the company name.nothing twice.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    still not understanding the problem. it lists first name,last name and on the second line the company name.nothing twice.
    Exactly... but if there's no company name, it lists nothing i.e. a blank line! What kind of phone lists NOTHING

anybody know if there is any way to edit the theme or styles file of the address book? maybe i can make my own theme for it?
    Last edited by stuntfoto; 10-23-2008 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post

See my post #9 regarding Mapquest. I could leave the company name blank but the contact IS a company, not a person.

When we start using workarounds that change places to people to suit a field in a piece of software, we become the slave, not the master. Kinda like making an all day event in the calender a timed one instead of all day so it shows up in the today screen.

So my issue is seeing double entries for hundreds of contacts.
    Last edited by galavanter; 10-23-2008 at 12:10 AM.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    See my post #9 regarding Mapquest. I could leave the company name blank but the contact IS a company, not a person.

When we start using workarounds that change places to people to suit a field in a piece of software, we become the slave, not the master. Kinda like making an all day event in the calender a timed one instead of all day so it shows up in the today screen.

So my issue is seeing double entries for hundreds of contacts.
    sounds like a mapquest problem,not a bb problem.

alright im sorry to say it but catside you are either being stubborn or dumb as a brick, does anyone know where i can get Handheld OS version 4.2.2.18?

PIN/ID
    wut?
    well...this brick could find 4.2.2.18

Catstide if the issue being discussed is not an issue for you, then please move along, nothing constructive for you to contribute here.
    Last edited by galavanter; 10-23-2008 at 12:20 AM.

think i got it

8320M_PBr4.2.2_rel338_PL2.5.0.40_A4.2.2.184_RIM.ex e

now how do i rollback / downgrade

swalker2001 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2461c562
    Well this thread was a fun read.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast