I've just currently updated to the newest OS for my phone (8310, Centennial) and I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

vrychry no está en línea Stack level 1

updated to new OS and STILL no youtube

Advertisement

I've just currently updated to the newest OS for my phone (8310, Centennial) and I STILL can't get youtube to work. I keep getting this error message

"Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player"

Or if I try to use the mobile version my video/music player opens up, but then nothing happens.

Does anyone have any ideas or work arounds? I've tried reading some of the other threads, but nothing I've tried so far has helped.

My java is enabled.

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    To start, you have to use the m.youtube.com no matter what for now. Secondly, How's your data connection?
    "Who Dares Wins"

jimbo1502 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i just upgraded my 8310 and I still can't figure out how to watch you tube either I read all the threads and I got nothing someone plaese help

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Are you both on a variation of 4.5?

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    Yeah. I'm on the official VZW 4.5.0.77 release. Youtube works fine.
    "Who Dares Wins"

ghostshell no está en línea Stack level 2
    im on 4.5.0.99 and it works, sound is crappy but i can watch the videos, have you tried entering the TCP/APN/Internet settings? Most are blank by default, some people have to enter the address and login while others dont.

Guys having the issue, when you go to Help>About what does it say for applications?

I have v4.5.0.99 as well and still don't have you tube what is tcp/apn internet settings how I figure out how to fixx this problem? That's one of the reasons I upgraded to watch u tube ~via BB (wap.pinstack.co)iIhave have ~ihave have iiihiiii

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)and I tried m.youtube and that doesn't work either

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Go to this web site, enter your country and carrier. Check the settings displayed against what is in Options>Advanced Options>TCP on your device.

smayone no está en línea Stack level 1
    YouTube has been working for me ever since I updated to os 4.5 months ago... I am with AT&T and didn't really have to set anything in regards to advanced options. I wouldn't fuss too much about watching youtube on your BB though, quality is not so good, better off using a p.c. Although I do wish we curve users had some Flash support. One day, I guess.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

VIOLATOR no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by vrychry View Post
    I've just currently updated to the newest OS for my phone (8310, Centennial) and I STILL can't get youtube to work. I keep getting this error message

"Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player"

Or if I try to use the mobile version my video/music player opens up, but then nothing happens.

Does anyone have any ideas or work arounds? I've tried reading some of the other threads, but nothing I've tried so far has helped.

My java is enabled.

I just got off of the Centennial site and as has been stated before Centennial does not support streaming applications.

Transcript of Conversation:

You have been connected to Stacey .
    Stacey : Hello, thank you for choosing Centennial Live Chat, how may I assist you today?

David : I am having trouble connecting to streaming applications on my BB Curve 8310. I have the latest OS, the APN, username and password and still can not streaming video, music, etc? What else should I do?

]Stacey : We are not able to stream video on our phones, I apologize, it is not a feature we support

David : Are you serious? Centennial is the only carrier that does not provide streaming support for these apps?

Stacey : We do not support streaming video... I apologize
    Stacey : at this time, we do not have the ability

David : Alright - I guess you answered my question..Thank you ma'am...

David
    Last edited by VIOLATOR; 12-14-2008 at 05:56 PM. Reason: to remove formatting codes

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by VIOLATOR View Post
    I just got off of the Centennial site and as has been stated before Centennial does not support streaming applications.

Transcript of Conversation:
    You have been connected to Stacey .
    Stacey : Hello, thank you for choosing Centennial Live Chat, how may I assist you today?

David : I am having trouble connecting to streaming applications on my BB Curve 8310. I have the latest OS, the APN, username and password and still can not streaming video, music, etc? What else should I do?

]Stacey : We are not able to stream video on our phones, I apologize, it is not a feature we support

David : Are you serious? Centennial is the only carrier that does not provide streaming support for these apps?

Stacey : We do not support streaming video... I apologize
    Stacey : at this time, we do not have the ability

David : Alright - I guess you answered my question..Thank you ma'am...

David
    Oh wow, carrier FAIL.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)