Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have an 8520 with tmo that was running os 4.6...well as we all know ... BlackBerry Curve forum

xxmrbluntsxx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23551C46

Thumbs up update your 8520 os to 5.0.0.592 regardless of carrier its freakn awsome

Advertisement

I have an 8520 with tmo that was running os 4.6...well as we all know tmo is a slacker when it comes to os upgrades. I got tired of waiting and went to wind hellas and downloaded 5.0.0.592. Deleted xml vendor file and walla my device is freakn awesome I have the newest browser enhanced settings and lots of extra goodies runs very smooth not even a hiccup. all i did was download the os from wind hellas ....make sure you have an internet connection and that your device is connected to the desktop manager click start /my computer /the hard drive where it is located/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader/ then go to the very bottom and erase the xml vendor file....click the app loader icon then thats it
    Last edited by xxmrbluntsxx; 06-16-2010 at 04:02 AM. Reason: lack of info

west79 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I tried all that & couldn't get mine to work.

PIN/ID
    23551C46
    By the way west79 did get his to work I had to help him a little. People get confused when after you delete xml vendor file stay right where you are and look up there is an icon that says app loader click it. Do not back out and go to the desktop manager and click app loader as it will not work because the desktop manager will search for an update not load it..

casron no está en línea Stack level 1
    I did exactly as you have said and still it says Os 4.6???????? Could you help me please xxmrbluntsxx

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Carson did you delete the 4.6 file from your computer? You will see it in your add/remove programs if it's there. After downloading the 5.0. OS, did you then install it on the PC? Delete the vendor file and then use app loader to install it?

No, I didn't delete the4.6 file from the computer, so I have to do that first? I didn't see it in the add/remove programs.

And yes, I did install the 5.0 on the PC.

Do you see the 5.0 in your add/remove program? Is it the only BB OS there?

Yes. It is there.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by casron View Post
    Yes. It is there.
    So it's the only "DEVICE" software that shows up in the list?

Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader

Is the vendor.xml file at the bottom of the list in that folder? If so, delete it.

Then, go back to the top and you'll see an executable file called Loader (should have a little cell phone next to it). Connect your device to the PC (do NOT launch Desktop Manager), then double click on that Loader executable file and let us know what happens.

PIN/ID
    23551C46
    ok heres the deal....click start /my computer /the hard drive where it is located/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader/ then go to the very bottom and erase the xml vendor file....do not leave that file after you delete the vendor file do not exit to desktop manager stay right where you are and look up to the top of the page you will see a file APP LOADER NOW CLICK THAT AND ITS A DONE DEAL. I THINK WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS DELETING VENDOR FILE AND EXITING TO THE DESKTOP MANAGER. That wont work as it searches for available os systems anyways that will work for you

brigham79 no está en línea Stack level 1
    What am i supposed to do. I click on the Loader and go through that but the 5.0 OS is not on the list to install. How do i install it if its not on the list??

dancingqueen no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by xxmrbluntsxx View Post
    I have an 8520 with tmo that was running os 4.6...well as we all know tmo is a slacker when it comes to os upgrades. I got tired of waiting and went to wind hellas and downloaded 5.0.0.592. Deleted xml vendor file and walla my device is freakn awesome I have the newest browser enhanced settings and lots of extra goodies runs very smooth not even a hiccup. all i did was download the os from wind hellas ....make sure you have an internet connection and that your device is connected to the desktop manager click start /my computer /the hard drive where it is located/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader/ then go to the very bottom and erase the xml vendor file....click the app loader icon then thats it
    you mentioned that internet connection is required.. meaning data plan on the smartphone? or PC? i really would like OS5.0 on mine! :0

dancingqueen no está en línea Stack level 1
    also, how long does it take to download the OS? ;O i think mine's taking unusually long? 3hours?

Quote Originally Posted by brigham79 View Post
    What am i supposed to do. I click on the Loader and go through that but the 5.0 OS is not on the list to install. How do i install it if its not on the list??
    Did you download the 5.0 OS to your PC and install it?

Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    you mentioned that internet connection is required.. meaning data plan on the smartphone? or PC? i really would like OS5.0 on mine! :0
    On your PC. You need to download the 5.0 OS and then install it, then you can delete the vendor file and update through the apploader. It does not take 3hrs, more like 30mins

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast