BDM 4.2 doesn’t support Oracle Connector using MS Outlook. So, I am stuck working with ... BlackBerry Curve forum

abra0242 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Up for a BB Curve Challenge?

Advertisement

BDM 4.2 doesn’t support Oracle Connector using MS Outlook. So, I am stuck working with BDM 4.1 which doesn’t support the Roxio Media Manager included with 4.2.

Well, I was able to isolate and install Roxio Media Manager (RMM) included on AT&T CD.

However, the challenge is how to get RMM to see the curve without having to install BDM 4.2

Any thoughts?

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Up for a BB Curve Challenge?

Not sure if that would even be possible.. Bumpin this for ya

PIN/ID
    240c3403

I dont think this is possible due to BDM 4.2

unless you can find a way to crack BDM and alter source then your up creek no paddle

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC
    Not sure if that would even be possible.. Bumpin this for ya
    Thank you Stacey. Syncing with Oracle Connector is a pain. Treo won't, and SE has troubles with duplicates. ActiveSync is almost flawless.
    With 8300, I had to install BDM 4.2 first to get the USB driver. Once I copied/pasted that driver to a different folder, I removed BDM 4.2 and installed BDM 4.1. Now I can sync. I use BT to load media to the Curve, but it is cubersome to manage.
    Oh well, it is a great phone.

Ok Stacey, I got and installed my 2g SD card today.
    To my shock when I connected my device to PC to sync, Curve prompted me to turn on Mass Storage feature. I did. Apparently, that enables Windows to treat Curve as a drive where users can freely move/remove files at well. I have not found a away to access the device memory itself. Well, that is a big win.
    It has been pretty tough dealing with all the limitations that Oracle Connector has imposed on me.

pravin2k no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by abra0242
    Thank you Stacey. Syncing with Oracle Connector is a pain. Treo won't, and SE has troubles with duplicates. ActiveSync is almost flawless.
    With 8300, I had to install BDM 4.2 first to get the USB driver. Once I copied/pasted that driver to a different folder, I removed BDM 4.2 and installed BDM 4.1. Now I can sync. I use BT to load media to the Curve, but it is cubersome to manage.
    Oh well, it is a great phone.
    Hi,
    I have Pearl (fromAt&T) which also came with BDM4.2. I tried something similar to what you did but didn't work. BDM4.1 refused ti identify BBPearl. Can you pls explain the exact steps you followed..I might have goofed some where. Appreciate your reply.

Thanks in Advance