Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone know how to delete Google Search, Yahoo Talk, Yahoo Messenger and the like from ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cj5150 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    pm me

Unwated Apps

Advertisement

Anyone know how to delete Google Search, Yahoo Talk, Yahoo Messenger and the like from the Curve? Or are these programs part of the core Curve software and can't be removed?

BusterJames no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2422753A

Re: Unwated Apps

They don't sound to be core applications, you can try removing them from the Application Loader in Destop Manager.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

If you connect to the DM and perform an upgrade through the DM then you can go in and check those programs that are not wanted and it will automatically delete them (can also be doone when loading a new OS). I removed those from mine as well as I only use BB messenger or e-mail, none of the other IM programs (only IM the wife, so BB messenger works great for us as e can send pics and files through it as well).

PIN/ID
    pm me

By performing an Upgrade... do you mean upgrading my system software, and telling the DM to not load these things when asked? Or is this something I can do without upgrading my OS?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Try going on the BB to Options \ Advanced Options \ Service Book - and see if they are listed there, if so you can access the menu and select delete.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

You don't have to upgrade the software, but when you go through the DM to start this then it will list all of the programs on the devcie (when it is connected) and then deselect the ones that you don't want installed on the device. I don't have DM on the Work computer or the laptop, so I can't really talk you through the exact steps and declarations, but what I wrote is the basic idea.

PIN/ID
    pm me

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
    Try going on the BB to Options \ Advanced Options \ Service Book - and see if they are listed there, if so you can access the menu and select delete.

This seems to have taken care of it - thanks!

BusterJames no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2422753A

Connect BB to PC, and start Desktop Manager, then run Application Loader, Click next once or twice and you should be presented with a list of installed software. You can uncheck the applications you have listed and it will say "Remove" in the next column, then continue through the screens. Also I always recommend taking a backup of the device before installing or uninstalling anything.

okay, nevermind..........

PIN/ID
    pm me

When I go into Application loader in the DM, and follow the steps listed above, it only shows my 3rd party stuff for installd software... it's not listing any of the BB software at all. Any ideas? Deleting the Service books did not do the trick...

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Options \ Advanced Options \ Applications on the bb. I didn't think they would be in the DM.

PIN/ID
    pm me

The only thing along those lines, in applications, is BB messenger.

Deleting them thru Service Books removed the icons, so I'm guessing that removed the programs themselves. I was just thinking that modules were still lingering, because when I deleted those 3 apps from service books, it only cleared up 500k of space...

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by cj5150 View Post
    The only thing along those lines, in applications, is BB messenger.

Deleting them thru Service Books removed the icons, so I'm guessing that removed the programs themselves. I was just thinking that modules were still lingering, because when I deleted those 3 apps from service books, it only cleared up 500k of space...
    Are you sure that they were actual applications installed, and not just icon shortcuts to the download/install file? That's what I'm guessing they were. I know AT&T sends out several of those shortcuts for you to click and install stuff, and T-mobile does (or at least did not sure lately) that with OZ Messenger.

PIN/ID
    pm me

That's what I thought as well, but when I clicked on all 3 of them, it opened up the internet. I'm guessing, at that point, they were actually installed. But the lack of space it freed up on my BB doesn't make sense...

That's about what they save in memory when deleted through the DM as well. Remember that most of these apps are Java driven, so they will be nothing more than a core app that accesses the stores of classes already on the device, this fact makes them small, portable, and non-device specific, such as Opera mini is.

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

you can remove the basic stuff as mentioned above but like he said everything is encoded into the firmware. the icon you see on the device are basically shortcuts for the java script executions. these hardly take up any room.
    Looking for new buddies. Add me pin# 3115EE05

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast