I am trying to log into websites on my curve's blackberry browser. Things like my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

pr24 no está en línea Stack level 2

Unsecure Browser Won't Allow Login

Advertisement

I am trying to log into websites on my curve's blackberry browser. Things like my bank and other financial sites. It says that my browser isn't supported or that it is unsecure and won't allow me to log in. is anyone having this problem or does anyone know what I need to do to fix it. Thank You!

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Re: Unsecure Browser Won't Allow Login

Opera Mini supports secure browsing from your BlackBerry, maybe you'll have better luck using it.

mini.opera.com

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thank you very much, I will give Opera Mini a shot.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Try going to Options/Security Options/TLS and set Allow HTTPS Redirections to Yes.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

You may also try setting your browser to emulate microsoft ie or something else (as some sites don't recognize the BB emulation).

Quote Originally Posted by squeakr View Post
    You may also try setting your browser to emulate microsoft ie or something else (as some sites don't recognize the BB emulation).
    How can I do this? I installed Opera Mini and it still says my browser isn't supported at my bank's site, so maybe emulating IE will work. Thank you.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by pr24 View Post
    How can I do this? I installed Opera Mini and it still says my browser isn't supported at my bank's site, so maybe emulating IE will work. Thank you.
    if you have tried the above suggestions and it still isn't working, there's a good chance it may be on your bank's side of things. the first thing most secured mobile bank sites look for is your handheld's signature as to what make/model it is as the initial check before it goes on to look for encryption support. if the make/model is not on the supported list, you will get a rejection message. when the 8320 first came out, I was unable to sign onto BoA as it did not recognize my device. A few weeks later it began working. They most likely had to update their site to recognize the newer model. I'd say just go to your bank's website and try putting "mobile" into the search field to look for some information on it, or just call the 800 number. blackberry is one of the most recognized and supported brands for mobile access so i'm sure someone on their side will have some info to give you on supported models.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thank you very much, I will try that, nothing else seems to be working, it must be my bank...

Cuevas no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Askme4it

Quote Originally Posted by squeakr View Post
    I get asked a lot to solve this problem on my friends BBs and the way I get it to work is like squeakr said. Get on your Internet browser (not the WAP) and go to options + browser config + emulation mode and make sure Microsoft IE is the one selected. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuevas View Post
    I get asked a lot to solve this problem on my friends BBs and the way I get it to work is like squeakr said. Get on your Internet browser (not the WAP) and go to options + browser config + emulation mode and make sure Microsoft IE is the one selected. Good luck!
    That worked like a charm, thanks so much. Are there any other adverse effects to having the browser emulate IE? Thanks again.

maizydaze no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cuevas View Post
    I have been having the same problem. I changed my emulation mode, I changed the https to allow redirect, and I downloaded Opera Mini, with which I am having the same problems. It is very frustrating.

maizydaze no está en línea Stack level 2

Never mind. I got it to work. I changed all I mentioned before plus I changed encryption from weak to strong only. I power-cycled it, went back to the site with the BB browser, and it worked!