Have an ATT 8310 and for some reason the unread email icon shows 3 unread ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Ctimrun no está en línea Stack level 2

Unread email icon

Advertisement

Have an ATT 8310 and for some reason the unread email icon shows 3 unread messages at the top of the screen. I did some searching which resulted in me deleting the email accounts and doing a battery pull but it did not work. I setup everything like before and it still shows 3 unread emails. I have the reconcile turned on and have tried it also with no luck. Also just tried resending my service books, didn't work.

Any other ideas?
    AT&T 8310

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    Try going to the date bar in your message screen, hit your BB menu key and select "mark prior open"
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    make sure that you have txt and e-mail as separate accts - otherwise they will show as the same icon also

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    1. Are you sure everything is read?
    2. Are you sure it's the mail icon? Not an internet icon, or maybe BBM
    3. Have you tried a battery pull?
    4. If that doesn't work, send yourself a test email, open and read it, it should get the icon to go away.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    bsjmcconnell's suggestion is good, but you need to see if you have a message folder hidden.

Press your BB menu button from the home screen, select Show All and see if you have any hidden message folders.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    bsjmcconnell's suggestion is good, but you need to see if you have a message folder hidden.

Press your BB menu button from the home screen, select Show All and see if you have any hidden message folders.

UNless he's running Empower Pro- for the mailbox seperators (work and play) then ALL the messages will go into the MAIN section....so having "hidden" folders wont do anything. Reading from the main folder will make ALL icons go away. I had 8 accounts "hidden" and never had a stuck icon.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    UNless he's running Empower Pro- for the mailbox seperators (work and play) then ALL the messages will go into the MAIN section....so having "hidden" folders wont do anything. Reading from the main folder will make ALL icons go away. I had 8 accounts "hidden" and never had a stuck icon.
    I know, but I'm one of those who hides the MAIN messages icon and displays all the individual accounts. Thought maybe this person did the same.

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    I forget will I change in the Email I send where it says from:
    I like to put my name another way without the middle name?

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~go to your email/message/sms folders...scroll to the first one...hit meu...select mark prior opened...see if that works

Ctimrun no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks for the help all! I had hidden my one mail box that shows all of my email accounts, and for some reason 3 emails that showed already read in the individual mail boxes showed unread in that one. I cleared them out and it is all back to normal now!
    AT&T 8310

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    Great!!
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Ctimrun View Post
    Thanks for the help all! I had hidden my one mail box that shows all of my email accounts, and for some reason 3 emails that showed already read in the individual mail boxes showed unread in that one. I cleared them out and it is all back to normal now!
    Same thing I do, Ctimrun! Glad you got it resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by mDRagON- View Post
    I forget will I change in the Email I send where it says from:
    I like to put my name another way without the middle name?
    You can change this from within your BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) account or from E-mail Setup from your device. Here's a link with instructions for the BIS:

https://support.t-mobile.com/knowbas...ic/tm22699.htm

Here's the link on how to do this from your device:

https://support.t-mobile.com/knowbas...ic/tm22698.htm?

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The same problem was bugging me recently, and I discovered I had saved a couple of unread messages. Once I went into View Saved Messages and opened them, the problem was gone.