I just loaded up new software to my 8900, and the first thing i notice ... BlackBerry Curve forum

nikjay25 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question unorganized phone book?!?!

Advertisement

I just loaded up new software to my 8900, and the first thing i notice is that my adress book contacts are not alphabeticaly listed, and some are even missing, its completley unorganized and appears to be completley random in the way they are layed out, it doesnt make any sense, and ive checked the option on how the blackberry should organize and i set it to first name, last name, nothing changed. I also dont think that its the OS becasue ive loaded different verions of 4.6 several times , and its still the same issue. Any ideas on how i can fix this problem, this is a big issue for me becasue i need all of my contacts or work, and some of them see to be mising.

jrhorner71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    @5K
    Don't know if will work but worth a try. While in the adress book press and hold the alt key and pres RBLD. This will try to rebuild address book.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.163 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Did you load your contacts from your pc back up or sim card. I had a similar situation once when I loaded my contacts from my sim.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    From inside the Address Book, click Options > General Options. Check what 'Sort By' is set to.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

nikjay25 no está en línea Stack level 2
    thank you all, and i found the problem, i suppose i wasnt carefull enough and put most of the contacts' first name in the tittle section and their last name in the first name section, when i set the sort by option to first name, the blackberry did everything correctly and it appeared to be unorganized to me, so my mistake, thanks for trying to help, jrhorner71 thanks, usefull shortcut.

jrhorner71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    @5K
    Glad you got it figured out
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.163 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105